2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far so good.. I think the problem is fixed.. We just got this car Sunday and had the CMBS light come on tuesday.. I took it dealership on wednesday and at first they told me there was nothing they could do.. However I forced the issue with the TSB - #19-051 mentioned on page 2 of this post. It took a little convincing however I presented it in a way that would make them look dumb if they didn't apply the fix.

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
I had this error come up on my '20 Sport 2.0T 6MT (~1,200 km). We came to an area with much snow already, and yesterday was warm enough that the snow on my hood melted off and formed some icicles in front of the radar sensor, so I think that was it. I also noticed at home on the day we came out here, it advised me that the radar was obstructed; it was covered in snow. I'm going to get in the habit of checking it for snow and ice every time I drive it (until the season passes at least!) and see if that cures it.

It's so strange having a new car on a long trip after 13 years and a quarter million km on the 7th-gen. I may need a few more months to fully get used to it. At least I know where the controls are, though, and how to run the audio system. :)

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
Update: did a 500 km drive today. Got the error again. Checked; had another icicle in front plus about 3-4 mm of ice deposited on the bottom half of the radar sensor. It was too hard to get off so I drove for about an hour, stopped, and was able to get it off by then using finger pressure. The system re-enabled itself within 2-3 minutes without me restarting the ignition.

The system is very sensitive to ice. Try to keep it absolutely clear.

On the plus side, about 1/3 of my drive involved ice-covered highways - my Continental VikingContact 7 tires never noticeably lost grip (though I did slow down at times), and the lane-keeping system only triggered a couple of times, which was far less often than I expected it would in almost six hours of driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring. I have numerous incidents where the Collision Mitigation Braking System has gone out giving an amber dash warning to see the dealer. When this happens, the cruise control will also not function. Most times, upon shutting off the car and restarting, everything returns to normal. However, one time upon restart all other safety systems (even the turn signals and head-up display) went out. Only the Nav would work. Upon the next restart, all was back to normal. The dealer spent 6 hours in diagnosis and came up with a solution of adjusting a brake switch under the dash near the brake pedal. It did not solve the problem as it has recurred so now they are ordering a new brake switch. Has anyone experienced similar problems? I love the car but cannot continue to use it on highway trips if these safety systems are not reliable. That is the main reason I bought a new car.

Ron
I cannot start my car this is the third time! Now I’m stuck I. My garage - this happened on the highway too at 69 miles an hour n another two times in my drive once and at a shopping center, it is totally locked up now

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring. I have numerous incidents where the Collision Mitigation Braking System has gone out giving an amber dash warning to see the dealer. When this happens, the cruise control will also not function. Most times, upon shutting off the car and restarting, everything returns to normal. However, one time upon restart all other safety systems (even the turn signals and head-up display) went out. Only the Nav would work. Upon the next restart, all was back to normal. The dealer spent 6 hours in diagnosis and came up with a solution of adjusting a brake switch under the dash near the brake pedal. It did not solve the problem as it has recurred so now they are ordering a new brake switch. Has anyone experienced similar problems? I love the car but cannot continue to use it on highway trips if these safety systems are not reliable. That is the main reason I bought a new car.

Ron

I'm having the same issue, but it does not go away with restarting the vehicle? Has anyone learned any more about this in the last few months/years?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update: did a 500 km drive today. Got the error again. Checked; had another icicle in front plus about 3-4 mm of ice deposited on the bottom half of the radar sensor. It was too hard to get off so I drove for about an hour, stopped, and was able to get it off by then using finger pressure. The system re-enabled itself within 2-3 minutes without me restarting the ignition.

The system is very sensitive to ice. Try to keep it absolutely clear.

On the plus side, about 1/3 of my drive involved ice-covered highways - my Continental VikingContact 7 tires never noticeably lost grip (though I did slow down at times), and the lane-keeping system only triggered a couple of times, which was far less often than I expected it would in almost six hours of driving.
The icicles do it every time.

Reactions: PhotoJim

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2018 EX-L that just had these errors. Power cycle does not clear them. It is in the shop right now and the tech determined the front radar sensor was loose, likely due to something hitting it. I checked my dash cam footage from yesterday, and nothing hit my car while I was grocery shopping, and I don't remember anything hitting the front of my car while driving. Has anyone else had this issue due to the sensor coming loose?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Ron
Change the battery i did not know that and took it to a mechanic to try and get the system removed because well i couldnt be out a car for work but anyways it spent two days at the shop the mechanic pretended something was wrong with a tire then i took it home and next day car wouldn’t start i replaced the battery been driving it and its fine now . I do have a problem in the display pannel it says cmbs issue but im 10000% positive the stupid mechanic caused that with messing around with a tire and its brake and doing crap to it . Trust me REPLACE the BATTERY 🔋 wish this was said more for people out there. Since I replaced the battery all of the error codes that came on the dashboard disappeared.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Honda Accord sport, we hit a raccoon while driving down a dark road a few months ago. Got the car fixed and then a week later the cmbs system went off, Honda told us we had to do an update so we did and it didn’t turn off so we took it back and they recalibrated it and it turned on the next day while stopped at a red light. Currently waiting for them to call me back again to see what the next step is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue consistently come up…just changed the battery and boom it didnt come back. If it is happening and then going away it isn’t the battery save your money. But if it is continuously occuring just swap out the battery, I’ve had to seap it out every year since Honda can’t give us a solid fix.

Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problems with my 2018EX. After hours at the dealer they told me it was a low voltage indication coming from the power brake booster. That fix was $2600
I said no and have been disabling the collision mitigation manually and it seems that this helps. It appears more of a software problem but Honda won't do the research to find the source of the problem. I am reporting this to the NHTSA.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Ron
Hi. This just happened to me I have a 2019 Honda Accord Sport 1.5. A few months ago, i was driving within my city in the residential area, and while i was driving, my car quickly, like for 3 seconds, just lost power, there was no warning lights or anything that came on, it just felt like i accidentally touch the brakes real quick while driving, but i didn't. Fast forward to Friday. I was driving home from work on the Interstate, probably doing 75mph. There was a big rig gas carrier truck next to me, and all of a sudden with my foot still on the gas my car felt like it was loosing power as if i was putting my foot on the brake, it was at least for 30 seconds as if it was about to come to a complete stop in the middle of the highway, im grateful there was no car behind me, because i really probably would have died getting hit from behind and probably hitting the gas tanker.. But when it did slow down my car swerved and I almost hit the big rig gas carrier truck, but i had to swerve back over into my lane, and about time i got back into my lane the power in the car picked back up (like nothing happened) and i was able to drive home but i just drove slow. I almost died, it was scary, and now im afraid to drive my car. I shouldn't be having this problem my car is only 3 years old. I'm looking for others that have experienced this also. When i got home i googled this problem and i seen some law suit pages of people commenting of it happening to them, and that some of the honda accords from 2015-2020 have this problem and their lemons, and Honda dealers couldn't fix it. I just got this car a few years ago brand new and still paying for it, and I'm trying to see how i can go about this, is it fixable? will they give me a new car?(i doubt it). Just trying to find out whats going on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This happened to me this weekend, haven't had a chance to see the dealer yet about it. Went away after restarting the car.

Quick Google returns two items of possible interest, neither of which were applicable to me:
1) Honda Sensing failing on very sunny days essentially implies that sunny conditions may overload the camera and overload the system into an overload state. (I was driving on a cloudy day)
2) Issues with Honda Sensing. Full system shutdown essentially stating that a radar detector placed too close to the sensing camera can overload the system (I don't have a radar detector).

My situation: overcast day, draveling away from the sun on a highway with light traffic, cruise set at 60, following a car doing 57ish, I got a warning tone and message for CMBS problem. Unable to re-engage cruise until I stopped the car for gas and restarted. First such issue in approx 1500 miles since buying the car new.
Thanks for this... it helped me

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was driving home yesterday evening and the warning lights on my dashboard all came on.
I kept getting the intermittent lights till I got home after about 20 minutes.I have out the car on and off twice and the lights are still there. The ABS light and ACC show when the car is on and when it’s started.
the mileage of the car is about 15k.
Speedometer Car Odometer Tachometer Trip computer
Speedometer Car Odometer Tachometer Gauge
Speedometer Odometer Car Tachometer Gauge
Speedometer Odometer Car Tachometer Motor vehicle
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Car Tachometer
Speedometer Car Odometer Tachometer Steering part
Speedometer Car Gauge Automotive design Odometer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a used 2019 touring 31,000 miles. Having the same issue, same errors, same dash lights. Love the car but I have never experienced such an issue with a car. Same problem 4 times now. Only way to get the errors to disappear is to factory reset the thing. I found out how to get into the diagnostic mode you press in the volume knob, source button and home button together for like 10 seconds. I found these codes.
Colorfulness Rectangle Font Slope Parallel

Font Display device Electronic device Software Technology

Gadget Computer Font Display device Technology

Gadget Font Display device Rectangle Technology

Product Gadget Font Multimedia Technology

I don't know what they mean and there is not allot of info I could find when googling.
I do have condensation on a rear light, which Is getting fixed under warranty. When the problem occurs sometimes the doesn't accelerate the same for a brief period. you cannot switch from regular to econ, or sport mode. I fear harm when having to cross a highway. It's crazy with all the problems people are reporting that no recall has been issued. Feels like it will unfortunately take someone getting harmed or a fatality for Honda to do something, which will not look good for them especially because this is a known issue. This is Probably why the car I bought was traided in. When they fix the rear light, I'm going to request that they run a diagnostic and attempt to fix it. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on the codes I posted in the pics. Thanks

81 - 97 of 97 Posts