2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far so good.. I think the problem is fixed.. We just got this car Sunday and had the CMBS light come on tuesday.. I took it dealership on wednesday and at first they told me there was nothing they could do.. However I forced the issue with the TSB - #19-051 mentioned on page 2 of this post. It took a little convincing however I presented it in a way that would make them look dumb if they didn't apply the fix.

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
35 Posts
I had this error come up on my '20 Sport 2.0T 6MT (~1,200 km). We came to an area with much snow already, and yesterday was warm enough that the snow on my hood melted off and formed some icicles in front of the radar sensor, so I think that was it. I also noticed at home on the day we came out here, it advised me that the radar was obstructed; it was covered in snow. I'm going to get in the habit of checking it for snow and ice every time I drive it (until the season passes at least!) and see if that cures it.

It's so strange having a new car on a long trip after 13 years and a quarter million km on the 7th-gen. I may need a few more months to fully get used to it. At least I know where the controls are, though, and how to run the audio system. :)

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
35 Posts
Update: did a 500 km drive today. Got the error again. Checked; had another icicle in front plus about 3-4 mm of ice deposited on the bottom half of the radar sensor. It was too hard to get off so I drove for about an hour, stopped, and was able to get it off by then using finger pressure. The system re-enabled itself within 2-3 minutes without me restarting the ignition.

The system is very sensitive to ice. Try to keep it absolutely clear.

On the plus side, about 1/3 of my drive involved ice-covered highways - my Continental VikingContact 7 tires never noticeably lost grip (though I did slow down at times), and the lane-keeping system only triggered a couple of times, which was far less often than I expected it would in almost six hours of driving.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts