2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to flame or be flamed, but what the heck Is it that so many accord "sports" think that in their best day they could ever hang with an AMG car, even worse a tuned AMG Benz. Please, stop insulting yourselves for trying to hang, because its usually a metro station length defeat.........you're irritating to those of us who relish a real match up

like go race an Acura....or 370z....or something in your caliber....please stop insulting me and making me waste my fuel......

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
520 Posts
Not trying to flame or be flamed, but what the heck Is it that so many accord "sports" think that in their best day they could ever hang with an AMG car, even worse a tuned AMG Benz. Please, stop insulting yourselves for trying to hang, because its usually a metro station length defeat.........you're irritating to those of us who relish a real match up

like go race an Acura....or 370z....or something in your caliber....please stop insulting me and making me waste my fuel......
LMAO So many fails, so little time... SMH... ::CLICK::

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
I mean...you could just not engage lol But, yeah, as much as I love my tuned 2.0 I know I'm not driving the fastest car on the street. I do get the appeal of running with a much faster car though. Gauges just how far off you are and sometimes its just fun to watch something much faster take off.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (Still Night Pearl)
110 Posts
I'm not sure where this comes from. Most AMG's cars are going to have an MSRP a minimum of double or triple than a Accord Sport does. Of course it's a dumb comparison. Where are the Accord owners that are calling out AMG owners?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm not sure where this comes from. Most AMG's cars are going to have an MSRP a minimum of double or triple than a Accord Sport does. Of course it's a dumb comparison. Where are the Accord owners that are calling out AMG owners?
There's always going to be somebody out there doing something stupid. I just hope none of them are seriously thinking their Accord is going to keep up with an AMG. But like I said, theres always stupid people...

·
Registered
8 Posts
dont get this either. i think people forget the fact that the accord was meant to be an economic family sedan, not a high performance luxury car. somewhere in between ebay parts and autozone garbage they add on the car, they forget their place.

if you want to rice out your car, thats all good, do what u want with your car, but keep in mind assholes like me will judge you.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I own both (well a hybrid not a sport) and will say there are a couple of Accords on this forum that would hang with SOME AMGs. It's not that hard to make a well built 2.0l with a factory turbo put down very nice power figure nowadays. That's why Mercedes uses them too for AMG ( although their new 2L.is a work of art). That being said there is a big difference between that and the sound of a twin turbo V8 firing up. Unfortunately all AMG will be 2L turbo hybrids soon. Thinking about keeping a last gen V8 tt.

·
Registered
560 Posts
dont get this either. i think people forget the fact that the accord was meant to be an economic family sedan, not a high performance luxury car. somewhere in between ebay parts and autozone garbage they add on the car, they forget their place.

if you want to rice out your car, thats all good, do what u want with your car, but keep in mind assholes like me will judge you.
This is a little harsh. @Vegashybrid said it right below you, there are some factory turbo Accords on here that are awfully quick. The whole tuner culture is built on building up econoboxes, thats always going to be the case with any car in the "jdm" family. As far as somebody "forgetting their place" maybe they put a lot of time and money into their car to change its place and thats no reason to trash somebody. Are some people over the top about trying to race or push their car on you? Sure. Either walk em and go home or take another exit and let them bother somebody else. Don't let a badge go to your head or give you the idea that somebody else isn't worth your time. There will always be people punching above their weight but in the end. we're all car enthusiasts with the same passions. Chill...

·
Registered
181 Posts

My my...someone has a little pee pee complex...or a stock Accord that can't beat anyone. Chill out hombre...there is no need for the trash you posted...unless you want to make a trip out to my area and run for some cash.

·
Registered
560 Posts
@azrael69 agree, no need for the hate. There's plenty of things people do with their cars that I don't agree with but thats why I don't do it. There will be people with slow cars driving fast as long as we have cars. There will always be somebody slapping on autozone bling, everybody has their thing. I don't hunt down cars I know are faster than me but half the time I come across one its them trying to start something with me not the other way around. But whatever, they're enjoying the car they spent their money on. This guy just needs to let people be

·
Registered
5 Posts
"please stop insulting me and making me waste my fuel"

You have an AMG but you are worry about gas?
Don't buy a car if you can't feed it at all time
My boys all got high gamma cars AMG GLS 63 2021, 2 Porsche 911, 1 targa , 3 bentley truck, 3 G wagon amg ,plus order 3 urus & None talk about wasting gas they all drive on dynamic mode
You are an insult to the AMG community

I can imagine you crying about the maintenance price if you complaining about gas imagine.

Shout out to the 2.0T in NJ & NYC putting out 11 to 13 mpg on sport mode filling the tank up twice or 3 times a week

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is a little harsh. @Vegashybrid said it right below you, there are some factory turbo Accords on here that are awfully quick. The whole tuner culture is built on building up econoboxes, thats always going to be the case with any car in the "jdm" family. As far as somebody "forgetting their place" maybe they put a lot of time and money into their car to change its place and thats no reason to trash somebody. Are some people over the top about trying to race or push their car on you? Sure. Either walk em and go home or take another exit and let them bother somebody else. Don't let a badge go to your head or give you the idea that somebody else isn't worth your time. There will always be people punching above their weight but in the end. we're all car enthusiasts with the same passions. Chill...
This is true,,,my 93' Supra with 700 rwph ripped my brother-laws Ferrari 550 a new ******* on the highway!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My my...someone has a little pee pee complex...or a stock Accord that can't beat anyone. Chill out hombre...there is no need for the trash you posted...unless you want to make a trip out to my area and run for some cash.
right, with my stock accord that cant beat anyone? sure i bought it as to serve as a daily driver, but i guess its a race car now.

i have other cars for that purpose. if youre serious, put your money where your mouth is?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Great, just another accord sport to come in here and stir up the pot...here..on an accord forum...😂
Yeah I saw one thought it was a fake but it had the new badge (21 and above hybrid have different rear emblem) so I investigated.

Also forgot to mention that the AMG label isn't the same as it used to be. There are several midrange AMG models now, C43, GLA/CLA 35 ect. Not all AMG cars are so mighty nowadays.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.