2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know approximately when the 2019 Accord hybrids will be released? I know buying at the end of the model year isn't usually a good idea.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't think there has been any indication of when the 2019 Hybrid will be released. If you are set on a hybrid, you should also have a look at the new Insight. It comes it under $24k and its rumored to get 50mpg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think there has been any indication of when the 2019 Hybrid will be released. If you are set on a hybrid, you should also have a look at the new Insight. It comes it under $24k and its rumored to get 50mpg.
Thanks, I'll do that. I would be willing to get a Prius Prime if Toyota didn't refuse to incorporate Android Auto.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my area the Hybrids are rather hard to find. I refused to buy until I was able to drive one... so I had a delay. The 2018 did not arrive in my area until April... so this year may be a "short run" of cars, if the '19's are coming out in the fall. None of the Toyota dealers had a Camry Hybrid on the lot to test... I didn't like their attitude of : "if you want one, you can have the next one in, just plop down a deposit". They had a few Prius, but not much selection. I finally found a Honda dealer that had a few Accord Hybrids on his lot and got to drive one... drove better than I expected. If MPG is all you are looking for then a Prius is your best bet, if you can find one in your area. But the Accord Hybrid did everything so well it surprised me (I love that it is so quick off the line), and a good deal can be had... just color choices get less as the summer goes on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah people seem to forget that even though the Accord is available as a hybrid, that doesn't really seem to impact its pick up and go potential. And even though Toyota has made significant progress on the styling of the Prius, I still think that's limiting interest in the model. Really like what they've done with the new Corolla however.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When the 2019 Insights were released I was a fan to replace my 2011 gen II Insight. After the test drive of the new insight I was sold, but I was on the Honda site building my own and said lets see what the Accord Hybrid offered since its the flagship sedan of Honda. I was blown away with the tech installed and think it really justifies the pricing for what you are getting. Living in Hawaii and wanting leather seats, just begged to go for the Accord with its ventilated seats, so Im now a HAH touring owner and loving it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't wait on the 2019 Accord, instead buy a decent brand. I am sooooo disappointed with my 2018 Accord Hybrid mpg. No where near the advertised mpg and I live in a small town with little traffic and drive like a little old lady. My neighbor has a 2018 Camry Hybrid and he consistently gets 58 mpg. My car, gets only 37 mpg. And I paid a premium for that, must be insane. I recently rented a 2018 Accord NON hybrid and got 45 mpg on interstate and 35 mpg in town........much better than the Hybrid. Do you know anyone who wants to buy a nearly new Accord Hybrid EX-L ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts