2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I try to ask Siri anything or have her read messages since the 13.1.2 update (maybe since 13.1 not sure) using the steering wheel button she listens then says working on that then sorry I couldn't do it. Has anyone else run into this? I thought I saw something about issues since 13 on here but search didn't bring that up now.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Can't speak to SIri (not an iPhone user) but have had similar issue w/Android Auto... when new phones/system updates are released issues appear in older phones. It's my thought that it's done on purpose to get users to purchase new phones. :mad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem in this case isn't with the phone (iPhone XS) as it has been upgraded to the latest OS Apple makes and is only 1 year old. Apple changed security settings in the new OS so things like my watch cannot get notifications unless they are set to visible when locked which I have done (un-happily) but the car will not connect through Siri now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem with several bluetooth devices about the same time as you. Try rebooting your phone, I think that was what fixed it for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is a common problem after the update. You need to unpair/delete The connection from both devices and then add it back. This solved my problem. Somehow this resets everything and allows the Bluetooth communications again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts