2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Going up to the Northern Calif/Nevada mountains this Thanksgiving. Always a possibility of snow. Wondering if anyone has found snow chains that will fit the 2018 Touring? Last year, was going to take the wife's Ford 2014 Escape up there which is only front wheel drive and no chains were available which sort of sucked due to limited clearance in the wheel well/strut area. Anyone determined if we can safely install "any" snow chains on the 2018 Touring? A few of the chain companies are saying to check the owner's manual for information on this????
Thx DD

·
Registered
906 Posts
Just Get chains for the Trunk , I Believe some states Require You have a set , so Your Not Off and Blocking or Jamming Up a Mountain Pass with
Big Rigs Headed down in Your Direction . . so If Required - that way You won't get a Ticket.

The Flat Plastic soft type easy on Car . .

Studded Tires are way Better , today the Plastic Studs Don't sound to Bad or Tear Up Your Driveway Surface ..
Good Luck - Take Pictures !

·
Registered
906 Posts
I Completely Agree - I'm Mountain Man Dan - grew up in the Mountains , I looked at that Link for that Posted Here about a Difficult road , Mulhollen Curvey Road Parkway and Route 120 in Yellowstone Calif.
I looked at Bunch of Crashes on this Road on U-Tube , but Man I had to Laugh .. It doesn't seem all that Difficult at all ..

There were some decreasing Radius Curves , but all were on Banks , Not Off Banked and Downhill , Haaa
Then there is one spot or two where the road changes , very slight 3 inch Dip 20ft or 30ft coming out of Curve - where all the Bikers would Normally get on Twist Grip ..
That seemed to be taking a bunch of Bikes Down .. and then there was the Idiots that Over Brake and Run Right Off - Curves ..

Yeah , I didn't even have Snow Tires My first 3 yrs. of Driving I couldn't afford those . . Adirondack Mts. & Winters get pretty bad ..there ..
Our First & Second Winters in TN everything was Closed and were Out riding around - Passing on the Express way while watching others Skid Right Off . . Crazy like 5-7 cars would all go off in
1 area as they would Panic and Jam the Brakes , Bye , Bye Off into the Grass ( at Least it's Fairly Flat ) around the expressways .
Not Big Rocks 2 ft from the road . . Like in the Mountains . .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wondering if anyone has tried spider spikes? for chain substitute, it says they are designed for low clearance applications!
Hi all,
Going up to the Northern Calif/Nevada mountains this Thanksgiving. Always a possibility of snow. Wondering if anyone has found snow chains that will fit the 2018 Touring? Last year, was going to take the wife's Ford 2014 Escape up there which is only front wheel drive and no chains were available which sort of sucked due to limited clearance in the wheel well/strut area. Anyone determined if we can safely install "any" snow chains on the 2018 Touring? A few of the chain companies are saying to check the owner's manual for information on this????
Thx DD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts