2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K16 Blue Printed did some In-volute Clean Up - Compressor & Exit side Opened Up . . to Match Intake Hose & Hard Turbo Exit Pipe ..

The K16 was the First one ever to be in the USA , when I got it past Import Inspection ( Secret Way ) 18 Months of Looking for one of those Puppies . .
First Thing I did was take it Apart , Yes take it Apart . . Took bunch of Pic's and then Ported & Blue Printed the Unit .. Usually when there is a Foundry Process Involved
Casting the Turbo Snail & Header all in one Process there is going to be some Drift one way or the other - sure enough around .040-.060 all Off set same direction ..

To My Surprise the K16 has Swallowed - Pc's of Head Light Lens & what looked to be Yellow Directorial Bulbs , so as this Young Guy Lost It on Wet Roads , as He told Me over the Phone
Long Distance to UK for 1.2 Hr. $32.00 Call - LOL Haa . . He said He sis like 4 - 360 degree and then Rolled over the Mid Wall - which has Height of 4.5 ft . BOOM All Done - Totaled . .

I wanted to Inspect Unit anyway for Tolerances ( End Play ) Side to Side - etc. Good Thing as there was this Yellow & Clear Dust - Inside . Yes Dust !
The Turbo was most likely still doing 100 Mph - even Thou the Car was doing 360 Degrees in Slow Motion - around the third 360 was Hard Hit - Ripped the Front End Off and Intake Hoses .
Which have the Filter Screen at the Map - Gone , so 1/4 & 1/2" pcs got sucked into the Track . I found 1 - 1/4 inch pc. the rest was Dust .. .. only about 1/2 Teaspoon so Not to Bad - Could Have Been Packed !
Got Lucky .. I Diamond Sticked Turbo Compressor Blades 55 Strokes on each Blade -same Direction - Same Pressure .. Very Small nicks - You could only see with 10X Glass = Gone

That Puppy is Currently Doing Duty - Tuned - Cams , Worked Valves , Ported Upper & Lower Track 7200 RPM - 22-24 PSI Blue Printed K16 - Huge Inter-cooler Screamer .. which will do 166 MPH ..
I Sold the Kit 5 Yrs. ago it's still Running Fine . . His Dad new a Retired Volvo Mechanic - which Built the Entire Thing - Plus Cams which aren't a walk in the Park to Install . He also Installed Posi in the Trans . .
Has Taken several Trophies . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts