2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’ve had issue with my infotainment center. They ordered me a new one after over a month of me having to hound them for answers. I finally have my appointment today. They tell me 3 ish hours. SEVEN AND A HALF hours later my car is ready to be picked up. I go get it and I’m furious. They scraped the paint all around my center vents, and even tho the said “they don’t touch the dash, just the center console” to get to the radio, my right side air vent has gaps all around it. I didn’t roll the car in that way. I don’t expect to roll it out in a lesser shape then when it in. Ok, so here’s how I am with my cars. To me my car isn’t just a ride to and from. I take pride in it and do a lot to keep it clean and I’m top shape. So I was beyond mad when I saw these issues. And the dealers shop manager is basically calling me crazy with out saying the actual words. I told them to go grab a new one off the lot and look at the difference. They said they will fix it, but I’ve been there 3 times already for things, and have left with issues where’s I’ve needed to go back. I’ve got no faith in their skills.
I go in for one, and leave with some other issue. 😡🏻 So now they are ordering parts and I go back Wednesday. Smh. So pissed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry about your issues, but you need to go to another dealer.

You do not have to take your car back to the same dealer that you bought it from. Any dealer will do and obligated to do warranty work. So, start using another dealer for your service, repair, and warranty work.

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
Man that sucks!!! Like you I'm anal about care and appearance of my car. When I first purchased it I explained to my salesman of that and he suggested (and got) what he felt was the best technician at that dealership to put on all the accessories I had purchased w/the vehicle. I request and have that tech do all the work on my car when I take it back to the dealer and have established a friendly relationship w/them. I told the service advisor when I met him and requested this tech that just like a person going to the doctor you want to see the same doctor each time and I felt the same way about my car... I wanted it to see the same tech each time. I think in doing that the tech gets to know you, how you take care of your car, and by him/her being the only one to work on it they can find/notice things that need attention that I might not. Anyways.... best of luck getting this resolved and like has been mentioned... find you another dealer that is more attentive to detail and takes pride in their work. IMO anyone that would put something back together sloppy doesn't take pride in their work and are lazy.

BTW... you mind sharing this dealerships name so others can avoid it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Really disappointed to hear that your dealer is diminishing your enjoyment of the car. And I agree with the other posters that you should consider taking it elsewhere, where your satisfaction will be more of a priority. The onus shouldn't be on you to ensure their work quality.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It kept rebooting it self at random times since I got the car. Completely shutting down and restarting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man that sucks!!! Like you I'm anal about care and appearance of my car. When I first purchased it I explained to my salesman of that and he suggested (and got) what he felt was the best technician at that dealership to put on all the accessories I had purchased w/the vehicle. I request and have that tech do all the work on my car when I take it back to the dealer and have established a friendly relationship w/them. I told the service advisor when I met him and requested this tech that just like a person going to the doctor you want to see the same doctor each time and I felt the same way about my car... I wanted it to see the same tech each time. I think in doing that the tech gets to know you, how you take care of your car, and by him/her being the only one to work on it they can find/notice things that need attention that I might not. Anyways.... best of luck getting this resolved and like has been mentioned... find you another dealer that is more attentive to detail and takes pride in their work. IMO anyone that would put something back together sloppy doesn't take pride in their work and are lazy.

BTW... you mind sharing this dealerships name so others can avoid it.
I may have to look into another dealership. I never thought of something as easy as bringing it to another place. It’s brandfon Honda in CT

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
I may have to look into another dealership. I never thought of something as easy as bringing it to another place. It’s brandfon Honda in CT
Thanks for the info this may help someone else from going thru the headaches you are.

Also you may want to contact Honda Customer Service 800-999-1009 Mon - Fri 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Time and let this know of your experience w/this dealer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info this may help someone else from going thru the headaches you are.

Also you may want to contact Honda Customer Service 800-999-1009 Mon - Fri 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Time and let this know of your experience w/this dealer.
I spoke to the “supervisor” and he seemed like it wasn’t that big a deal. I’m defiantly going to let someone know about this. It’s just a headache. And I’m supposed to go back next week for them to “fix” it. And I guess hope they don’t screw up something else 😫

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not all dealers are created equal, check the google or yelp reviews in your area and see if you can find a gem that’ll be willing to work with you to make it right. Call Honda corporate and let them know they have an issue as well, and then let them know you’d like it resolved at the dealership you choose. It’s a pain, but if they don’t seem to care to fix it, skip that dealer and move it along elsewhere.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going back tomorrow. Let’s see what these morons do this time. Hopefully I stayed my case when I spoke to the manager last time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ask the dealer for the contact information of the local Honda rep. I guarantee the general manager will come out of his office to speak with you. Dealers never want customers to issue complaints to their reps. In addition, if you do speak with a rep, they’ll typically direct you to a new service dealership and get you squared away quickly.

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
Going back tomorrow. Let’s see what these morons do this time. Hopefully I stayed my case when I spoke to the manager last time.
Hopefully you not posting means that things have been taken care of to your satisfaction vs being to frustrated to talk/type... let us know how it went.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry , I'd be Grabbing those Parts & Gone to another Dealer - Training Time is NOT on the Floor - it's Suppose to before they get to the Floor ..

New Car , New Ways of attaching items and Removal is most likely - completely Different . .

I Noticed a lot of these Honda Garages aren't even Air-Conditioned - so 7.5 Hrs the Guy Died in the Car , and they Carried Him Out Back Tossed Him in the Dumpster . .
I Mean to say some of these Shops are really Hard on Guys - I always ask to speak with or I go and see them , Bring them some Donuts - just Hey Man . .

Switching Guys on You that's BS ..

I got a Complicate also , but it isn't Over Yet - so I'll hold till all the Deeds are Done !

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully you not posting means that things have been taken care of to your satisfaction vs being to frustrated to talk/type... let us know how it went.
They replaced the parts they messed up. I was sure to express how I needed them to do a good job like it was their car. So those 2 issues are fixed. I guess they need to go into the center console for something to take that middle of apart cause the inside of that was scratched up. Like they had to dig a flat head or something in there to “un clip” something. And even tho I saw red when I saw those scratches....they clearly are just going to continue to create issues. So I left it alone. Plus it’s in the arm rests compartment. So you don’t see it unless you open it. It’s just the point. Ya know.

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
They replaced the parts they messed up. I was sure to express how I needed them to do a good job like it was their car. So those 2 issues are fixed. I guess they need to go into the center console for something to take that middle of apart cause the inside of that was scratched up. Like they had to dig a flat head or something in there to “un clip” something. And even tho I saw red when I saw those scratches....they clearly are just going to continue to create issues. So I left it alone. Plus it’s in the arm rests compartment. So you don’t see it unless you open it. It’s just the point. Ya know.
What a bunch of morons!!!! There are special plastic trim tools for removing stuff like that... guess they either don't know about them, don't have them, or to lazy to get them out of their tool box.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What a bunch of morons!!!! There are special plastic trim tools for removing stuff like that... guess they either don't know about them, don't have them, or to lazy to get them out of their tool box.
Yeah. Not happy AT ALL. I don’t expect that from a dealership. Maybe a hack side shop. But not them. I made sure to ask for the manager contact info just so I can run down all the issues. I understand it’s hot as **** in there and half of them probably don’t want to be there but still. Some people just don’t care about having nice things, so they don’t care about other people’s things 🏻

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow...just...wow

They completely lied to you about the dash. To get to anything infotainment related, they would have started with removing the trim piece holding the start button, then the dash end cap on the passenger side, the strip above the glove box, then the middle strip with the A/C controls. The sides of the center console, then the shift knob, center console, center box with the usb plug, then at that point they would be able to access the stereo which is located right behind the A/C controls.

If they only needed to remove the display unit, the center console disassembly is not necessary, but everything else is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts