2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Just noticed my remote start wasn't working. Did the recalls couple months ago. Found this online worked for me. Hope this helps....

Hi I finally did my upgrade on my 2018 Honda Accord and not only doesn't it start with the remote but when I get in and try the push button it also stutters- but eventually it will start if I hold it longer. Note: I have replaced battery on remote- never had an issue with my last Hondas- I have not been driven much due 2 covid.be4 the update all was good- help

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Hi I finally did my upgrade on my 2018 Honda Accord and not only doesn't it start with the remote but when I get in and try the push button it also stutters- but eventually it will start if I hold it longer. Note: I have replaced battery on remote- never had an issue with my last Hondas- I have not been driven much due 2 covid.be4 the update all was good- help
Maybe check your (car) battery charge, health, connections?
@Samuelx hit the nail on the head... your car being a '18 and not driven much if it's still on original battery you're past due on getting a new one. Most auto parts stores will do a load test on your battery for free and would be the first place I would go as soon as I could. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.