2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only spent 1/2 year in a ‘19 Si sedan... I’m glad that I didn’t tune it. I did like the LSD .. pulled me right out of corners with ease. The Si was slow, though. I could barely catch up with anyone especially if I need to pass anyone... I had to downshift at least two gears to pass ANY car up. My Accord’s 2.0L turbo requires zero effort to pass a new 530i or new Audi A4 up!! I’ll take the latter any day over the new Civic Si and can forgo the simplicity of the Si. Any one thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really like the interior of the si and generally how it's so sport focused. I almost got one until I test drove it and I absolutely hated how it drove. It felt so slow, now with the Accord it rips you back into your seat (especially once my tune comes in, then it'll really be fast). I wanted a Type-R but since I got a brand new Accord at ~$4k under MSRP and there weren't any Type R's around me for at MSRP (all had dealer up-charges), I decided to go the Accord route and I am happy with how quick it is. Just missing that LSD.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I owned a 17 Si Coupe. By virtue of its smaller size it handles much better than the Accord but I have to say I enjoy the Accord 100X better than my Si. The shifter in my Si was very un-Honda-like (notchy and imprecise). The Accord is much smoother and generally has a better feel as does the clutch. Back to handling, the only thing the Accord needs is a thicker rear sway (I plan on getting the Progress bar) and I think it will be just right. And of course the power in my 2.0T is awesome. What a beautiful engine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely would like an LSD! The Si interior is alright, however, its side cloth and center arm rest get dirty wayyy to easily. The Si definitely has more road precision and I did like its shifter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts