2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Sometimes you have to:
  1. Un-pair the phone on the car;
  2. Un-pair the car on the phone;
  3. Power off the phone and pull the battery for about 10-20 seconds;
  4. Power up the phone and pair the phone back to the car.
  5. Make sure you do both #1 and #2.
Also, if your phone is Bluetooth connected to another device when you start the car, it may not connect until the other device has dropped the connection. This happens to me at times because my phone is paired to my Bluetooth house phone, and the car and house phones are in range of each other. Once I'm out of range of my house phones, then the phone connects to the car.

· Registered
11 Posts
Please help, I clicked on the system update and this screen popped up and it been stuck on it since. Whenever I put the car on drive it is stuck in the screen in the second photo. Does anyone have any insight on how to reset the system?

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Please help, I clicked on the system update and this screen popped up and it been stuck on it since. Whenever I put the car on drive it is stuck in the screen in the second photo. Does anyone have any insight on how to reset the system? View attachment 4664 View attachment 4665
Looks like your issue is the same as was discussed in this thread - Firmware Update froze my radio. It took a trip to the dealer for that member to get it resolved... some type of "reset" was done but member didn't get details. Good luck on getting it resolved... when you do let us know what exactly it took to get it corrected.

· Registered
11 Posts
Looks like your issue is the same as was discussed in this thread - Firmware Update froze my radio. It took a trip to the dealer for that member to get it resolved... some type of "reset" was done but member didn't get details. Good luck on getting it resolved... when you do let us know what exactly it took to get it corrected.
Update! I was able to fix the problem. I unplugged both battery terminals and sat for 10 minutes, replugged and it reset the system. Just needed to go for a 5 minute drive just to recalibrate all the sensors. I’m really glad this worked, I was dreading having to go to the dealership especially because of all this covid stuff.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Update! I was able to fix the problem. I unplugged both battery terminals and sat for 10 minutes, replugged and it reset the system. Just needed to go for a 5 minute drive just to recalibrate all the sensors. I’m really glad this worked, I was dreading having to go to the dealership especially because of all this covid stuff.
Awesome... glad you got it corrected. Question... does the update still need to be done?

· Registered
2018 2.0T Touring
20 Posts
Just got an OTA update to version 18AA-2071-001.

These are the changes from the honda document below:

Additions/Enhancements:
• Garmin Navigation app update to version 2.24.
Provides software updates to correct the following potential intermittent errors: • Conceals Wi-Fi password after initial connection setting.
• System resets while driving.
• Apple CarPlay® disconnects while in use.
• Display Audio showing incorrect device name when paired to a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. • Information from the Display Audio appears blank on the meter display.
• Bluetooth® connected pop up message at Ignition ON.
• Brightness mode for the Display Audio and buttons syncing with lighting.
• HondaLink app reports incorrect vehicle information.
• System resets while in Reverse.
• Parking sensor displays Full view, when set to Split view.

https://owners.honda.com/Documentum/ota/2019_Accord_Sedan.pdf
My update fixed all the display/bluetooth problems. Not even one glitch since the update.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
What phone are you using without problems. I have a Samsung s10 plus. Something it connects fine other times not so good.
I'm using a Samsung Note 10+ w/no issues. Is your phone paired to any other Bluetooth devices... if so have you tried eliminating/unpairing them to see if it makes a difference? Also do you have any apps other than what came OEM for phone use loaded? Just wondering if there is some conflict w/other Bluetooth device(s) or app(s) loaded on your phone.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
I do have a Galaxy watch that I wear all the time but I also have an Explorer and never have any problems connecting Bluetooth to that car
I wear a fitness watch (Body Glove) also and it isn't causing a problem. It's a mystery to me why you're having the issues you are... they seem to be unique to your car as no others (@jnjsdad2 did mention a Bluetooth issue but didn't specify it was related to phone calls as you mentioned) are experiencing the issue you are.🙁

I'm starting to lean towards you have a bad unit (infotainment center). Have you spoken to your dealer service department and/or been able to replicate it for them to see?

· Registered
29 Posts
I wear a fitness watch (Body Glove) also and it isn't causing a problem. It's a mystery to me why you're having the issues you are... they seem to be unique to your car as no others (@jnjsdad2 did mention a Bluetooth issue but didn't specify it was related to phone calls as you mentioned) are experiencing the issue you are.🙁

I'm starting to lean towards you have a bad unit (infotainment center). Have you spoken to your dealer service department and/or been able to replicate it for them to see?
I haven't spoken to the dealer problem is it's random sometimes it connects fine ,other times it will not connect at all. Sometimes it connects 5 minutes later driving down the road the system reboots. There's no consistency to the problem. I even went to the extreme I did a factory reset on my phone to see if that would solve the problem it didn't

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
I haven't spoken to the dealer problem is it's random sometimes it connects fine ,other times it will not connect at all. Sometimes it connects 5 minutes later driving down the road the system reboots. There's no consistency to the problem. I even went to the extreme I did a factory reset on my phone to see if that would solve the problem it didn't
The randomness of occurrences really sucks... if your luck is like mine when you take it to the dealer it will not occur. 😟 If you're able to when it happens try to get a video of it happening... at least you will not get the "look" when you take it in, they aren't able to replicate it, and you then provide the video. Good luck getting this resolved... the technology in our cars is nice but ain't worth a nickel when they don't work. :cry:

21 - 40 of 54 Posts