2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
I called tech support we did a factory reset together it seems that my Galaxy watch causing a problems so now when I get in my car I put the watch in airplane mode things have been much better
So glad you got this figured out... technology can be frustrating at times.

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 Accord Turbo 2.0. The bluetooth doesn't work. When you try to turn bluetooth on, it goes back to off. When you do a factory reset, it works for about a day, then stops working again. I'm trying to update the software, but I can't get it to find any wi-fi when parked in my garage, nor hotspot. I wanted to download from my desktop to USB, then bring it to car and install, but it seems like you have to download it in your car via internet connnection. Do I have any options besides bringing it to the dealer to fix it. It's no longer under warranty.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
I have a 2018 Accord Turbo 2.0. The bluetooth doesn't work. When you try to turn bluetooth on, it goes back to off. When you do a factory reset, it works for about a day, then stops working again. I'm trying to update the software, but I can't get it to find any wi-fi when parked in my garage, nor hotspot. I wanted to download from my desktop to USB, then bring it to car and install, but it seems like you have to download it in your car via internet connnection. Do I have any options besides bringing it to the dealer to fix it. It's no longer under warranty.
Check USB Honda and see if the update is loaded there, then follow the instructions attached for installing via USB.

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Check USB Honda and see if the update is loaded there, then follow the instructions attached for installing via USB.
When you

When I click on Select Vehicle Information File, it's searching my hard drive. I haven't downloaded anything to my hard drive yet.

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Maybe I should have been more specific in my instructions... you need to get a "data" file (fingerprint) from your car before you go to USB Honda. Instructions on how to get that data file are explained in the attachment Page 290 items 1 - 4. You may want to read both pages of those attachments prior to going to that website so you will be familiar w/the process.

· Registered
3 Posts
Well, I think I got the data file and downloaded a rb_update_*.zip file. I put the zip in the main directory of the USB stick and tried it. Can't find any file. Then, I read you have to remove the vehicle info files before doing it, so I removed the rb directory and tried again. Can't find file. Apparently, the rb directory is where the downloaded zip file has to be. It's not smart enough to find it in the main directory. I finally got it working. Hopefully that will help. Thanks for you help. Do you know if a factory reset will revert my update?

· Administrator
2,877 Posts
Thanks for you help. Do you know if a factory reset will revert my update?
You're welcome... glad you got it figured out. I had never done the update(s) via USB I've done mine via WiFi so I was learning this way along with you. To my knowledge a factory reset does not uninstall system updates... reset will put all settings back to factory default, remove any devices that have been bluetoothed, remove any stored address/locations in GPS, etc.

· Registered
3 Posts
Well, I think I got the data file and downloaded a rb_update_*.zip file. I put the zip in the main directory of the USB stick and tried it. Can't find any file. Then, I read you have to remove the vehicle info files before doing it, so I removed the rb directory and tried again. Can't find file. Apparently, the rb directory is where the downloaded zip file has to be. It's not smart enough to find it in the main directory. I finally got it working. Hopefully that will help. Thanks for you help. Do you know if a factory reset will revert my update?
Hi May I Know, how to got the data with vehicle information file in *.zip file and from where we can get this file ?

· Registered
13 Posts
Hi May I Know, how to got the data with vehicle information file in *.zip file and from where we can get this file ?
Check here: OTA USB Website (honda.com) There is a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link in the top right of the page to help with USB stick compatibility, formatting and size.

There should be a "System Update" button in your Infotainment menu. In there is a "Via Wireless" and "USB" options. The USB option will prompt you to insert the UBS stick in the car first. This is how all the car info gets written to it. THEN you take the stick to your computer and go to the site link above.

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply and help, I have checked the system update menu in my car but when i click that it says no file is available to update. It doesn't show me the options to export the configuration file to USB ? I am having 2019 Honda accord LX. Can you please check your system and help me please ?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts