2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Radium has recently released a port injection kit that will allow the use of port injectors for the Honda Civic Type R.

Port Injection Kit, Honda K20C1

I believe that this will be the future for the Accord 2.0 fuel limitation problems as more and more enthusiasts decide to push their tunes!

The FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

·
Registered
8 Posts
How cool is that! I have no idea how to implement it but that would solve a number of direct injection issues which Ford and Toyota have started solve with port injection too.

·
Registered
903 Posts
VW had Issues and Long Before all Tar Build Up on Intakes Valves - We were calling for Additional Injectors to Wash those Area's

They Now have Both Set Up's on same Motor - Port Injections Aids in Cooling Intake Valves also ..
They Kick in Mid Range & Top End - anywhere the Fuel Ratios - take a - Dip on the Dyno's . . Gone to Higher Pressure also ..use to be 600-800 PSI
I Believe it's up in the 1600 Psi Range now ..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VW had Issues and Long Before all Tar Build Up on Intakes Valves - We were calling for Additional Injectors to Wash those Area's

They Now have Both Set Up's on same Motor - Port Injections Aids in Cooling Intake Valves also ..
They Kick in Mid Range & Top End - anywhere the Fuel Ratios - take a - Dip on the Dyno's . . Gone to Higher Pressure also ..use to be 600-800 PSI
I Believe it's up in the 1600 Psi Range now ..

Also, we must look at the NSX as to how Honda is going to incorporate future parts. NSX introduced the drive by wire in 1997 and it took Honda 10 years before they switched their other vehicles to drive by wire. NSX has also introduced both direct and port injection. My guess is in less than 10 years it will be standard on most of Honda's vehicles.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Well there are Several Factors as to the Issues with Higher - Compression - GDI Engines . .

One Very Important Items is Piston Design , I would have Hoped Honda took a Page from Racing and Studying Inside of the Motors . .
2. The PVC system and how it Vented ..
3. Temperatures the Oil in the Crank Case system is Obtaining in the Hottest Area's , but also Just as Import is the Oil ! ( Blends may only be good 300 Degrees )
All Synthetics are Good for 399 Degrees , Few 420 Degrees . . Temperature where the Oil Your Using is being Degraded ! ( Blends 140 Degree , Syn. 165 Degrees )
The Degradation is Kept in Check by the Additive Packs . ( I'll have an Oil Cooler ) this Coming Summer . .

R Type Pistons vs Accord Pistons - see Pictures - on DI Engines - the - High Pressure Mist ( Fuel ) Must be Bounced Off the Center of the Pistons .
Super Tight - Control - Stopping Pre -
Detonation. ( on Type R Piston ) You'll see what Looks to be Shallow Circle - Shouldered by Ramps from Daytona 500 Race Track .
This where the Fuel _ Bounces Off Cooling & Vaporization of the Atomized Fuel . . Takes Place - This Big Part - Why the R gets Higher Compression Ratio - Accord Doesn't . .

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
At Least Honda _ Designed in few Items like Better Water Cooling - through - Out the Motor .
The Piston Cooling with Oil ( Not Going to High with Compression ) and Oil Industry has Finally Caught Up to Engine Designer's . .
Few Other Items ..Very Low Drag Accessories . . & Low Drag Aerodynamic numbers - Less Over All Work Required ..

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts