1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 13000 on it.. well the thing was I let my friend barrow my car. I run 93 cuz it runs better.. he put 87.. car had some pre-ignition.I don't put that in there. So I put a octane booster to help then,I had put some injector cleaner to at the same time..car had rough idle after..yes all plugs look the same.. thought maybe they got messed up or fouled..some one told me it's not a good idea to do that

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I think you'll be alright. Are the pumps you getting gas from have different nozzles for different grades of fuel? If not you probably putting a gallon (or more) of fuel that the last customer used in your tank. If you like/prefer 93 octane continue to use it... and don't worry about (or add) octane booster to compensate for the 87 octane that was used.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yes would have been nice to see ~ All Plugs ~
I have seen Coco Brown Plugs before . .

Rusty color around Base of Plug _ need to place the Plugs Over White Paper when You look at them . .
If I had No Back Grd. on this Car I'd say someone Pissed in the Tank , or Gas Station had way to much Water in Their _ Fuel Storage Tanks - which are suppose to be
Tested - (( Every Day )) go back to that station and Demand to see the Water Test Quality Test Repeated - while You watch - it's Not a Big Deal - they rub some Type of Stuff from what looks like Large Crayon onto Long Dip Stick - Dip in Tank - takes 4 Min.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh ok.sorry about the pic.ya all of the are like that.so does that mean there bad.or just kinda da discolored? I may do that.i usually get gas at QT.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Oh ok.sorry about the pic.ya all of the are like that.so does that mean there bad.or just kinda da discolored? I may do that.i usually get gas at QT.
Go by the link I posted above to determine which one they most look like... w/them all being the same there is no inconsistency in any one cylinder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone find out what the chirping noise is coming from a 2018 i.5 is?Only happens on a long trip.Sounds like the noise of a pully belt,but there is none in that area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts