2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size of spark plug is used for 2018 accord 1.5t..or would fit exactly the same..??

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
See attachment from owners manual...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Thought of something after my earlier post providing spark plug info.... Why are you needing spark plug size... yours need replacing... some other reason?

BTW - these (OEM) plugs aren't cheap - Spark Plug (DILKAR8P8SY) (Ngk) - Honda (12290-6A0-A01). :eek:
Just realized you are the member that started this thread - Spark plug bad?... IMO you are overthinking this and worrying about nothing. In the other thread you posted that someone had put 87 octane gas in your car...
It has 13000 on it.. well the thing was I let my friend barrow my car. I run 93 cuz it runs better.. he put 87.. car had some pre-ignition.I don't put that in there. So I put a octane booster to help then,I had put some injector cleaner to at the same time..car had rough idle after..yes all plugs look the same.. thought maybe they got messed up or fouled..some one told me it's not a good idea to do that
... which is minimum recommended octane (see attachment). The addition of a fuel additive has been known to change/discolor spark plugs. You adding octane booster and injector cleaner may have done more (if any) harm than good.

With all that said if you are really that concerned about the plugs regarding if they are good or bad just replace them for peace of mind. Not an inexpensive replacement IMO but cost vs peace of mind may make it insignificant. (y)

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just realized you are the member that started this thread - Spark plug bad?... IMO you are overthinking this and worrying about nothing. In the other thread you posted that someone had put 87 octane gas in your car...

... which is minimum recommended octane (see attachment). The addition of a fuel additive has been known to change/discolor spark plugs. You adding octane booster and injector cleaner may have done more (if any) harm than good.

With all that said if you are really that concerned about the plugs regarding if they are good or bad just replace them for peace of mind. Not an inexpensive replacement IMO but cost vs peace of mind may make it insignificant. (y)
Just use Tier 1 gas and the issue should resolve itself. As Fried00d stated you may be overthinking this. Just let it be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts