2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new this forum and new to Honda. I also have no knowledge when it comes to vehicle electronics so any help or advise will be greatly appreciated! I bought brand new a 2018 accord sport and I have installed 2 12” kicker l7’s with a 1500w hifonics amp. Everything ran great for a while but lately my digital reader next to the speedometer is flickering red. It does not stay red long and doesn’t always happened from my bass. Sometimes my music will be off and if I hit the brakes or gas hard enough it’ll flicker red then go back to normal. Sometimes I can go all day bumping and it never turns red. The few times it has got stuck red, I turn my car off and back on, and it’s always back to normal. I’m assuming a wire has come loose or something but again I have no idea what I’m talking about. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't know what to say about that but I'm sure some of the regulars will have an idea.

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum... this is the second thread/post today about electronic issues after installing/upgrading stereo equipment (other thread - Keyless entry reprogram?. If this is a self install you may want to go back and check all your connections... if you've tapped into a connection that is in some way shared w/this gauge (or something that relates to it) you may want to try another source. If you had this installed I'd take it back to whomever installed it and have them check the above.

There have been other members that have successfully upgraded/installed stereo equipment w/o issues so it can be done. Good luck in figuring this out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the advise and quick responses. I had my systems installed at our local car shop here in Dallas. I will be taking it back to see what they can do

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure if this is helpful in any way ... I haven't altered any of the electronics (or anything for that matter) on my '18 2.0 Touring but twice I've had that LCD panel to the left of the speedometer lock up. Both times it happened, the car had been parked for a few hours in very hot weather and that's the explanation I was given - just a glitch because it was too hot. Mine got stuck where the tach was reading 2,700 or so RPMs and the little turbo indicator thing was stuck about halfway up even when I parked. I didn't think to take a picture of it - but will if it happens again. The official word as described on the work order was "LCD Overheating / Humidity contributing to cust. concern; noted in record." Not sure that's much help, but might give you some insight since you're in Texas where I'm sure it's a lot hotter than Minneapolis!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts