2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just curious as if anyone else faced this problem that I had recently. So its been pretty hot out here in Ny over 95 degrees & I was driving my car and my digital speedmeter started to go crazy as if it overheating or something. Everything still functioned fine but my entire screen turned red. Later on throughout the day the weather was alot cooler & everything was back to normal. Anyone tell me what possiblly couldve caused that ?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is worrisome. Haven't had that yet in the North Carolina heat. (My 2.0T Sport is black on black. My days may be numbered.)

·
Registered
318 Posts
That sounds like an overheating issue, but that screen looks more like some sort of software bug. I doubt that the electrical systems were tested in such severe conditions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It was in the high 90s where I live last week but I never experienced this issue. Full disclosure: I do keep my car in the garage at night and I also have covered garage parking at work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have my doubts is the Heat. I live in Phoenix Arizona and for the past month or temperature has range from 105 to 110 and I have not had any problems with my speedometer. If this was true then no speedometer in any Honda Accord could last the summer in Arizona

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah I personally think this is some sort of technical/software issue. Looks more like something is wrong with your digital display. I'd have it looked at by your dealer if you haven't already.

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
I saw this on mine yesterday and I was in a 65 mpg zone!
I too have seen inaccurate speed limits on mine before... as much as it is a nice feature to have nothing will replace driver interaction to road and surroundings.

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
I think I saw a 100 sign for a second a few days ago. What I see all the time is the 20 school zone speed regardless of time of day or the fact school is out for the summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice

Thanks guys for the advice. i do have an appointment setup to take her and check tings out. Ill post back here to let everyone no what the reason was, just incase no one else runs into this situation. It hasnt happened back at all since then, but playing it safe JUST INCASE .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts