2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be interested to hear from all the Sport model owners - the only available interior color is black on cloth/leatherette. If the interior colors from other models were available, would you have chosen something other than the black cloth? And if so, which color and material? I would have gone with gray leather (I think this would have looked nice with my white exterior).

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is also the color I would have in my white Touring.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Honda should take a page out of Toyota's book on their return to offering sportier products. An HFP performance line and even trims that go beyond what we've seen in the past could give this Accord the extra push it needs. So far they did well with the Type R, but it's just not enough.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’ve got the sport in manual. Can’t remember if they offered me a different color interior. I would have chosen the black either way. HOWEVER I wasn’t thrilled that all leather wasn’t an option.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah the Sport 2.0 is actually very spartan when it comes to options, choices and luxury, and they rasied the 2019 MY by price by $500! It now has a $31,600 sticker. They could have put cheaper leather in it, but leatherette is tough and very durable. Low end BMW's and even 3-series come with it unless you get the Premium package that includes real leather. But the lack of any interior colors in the Sport doesn't help either.

If I were to pick a color for my '19 Sport 2.0 my first choice would be Red, and then brown. I have had black leather in 3 cars already and getting a little tired of it. I almost bought a '19 TLX SH-AWD A-spec Red ("red" is in the name of the model) because I loved the red leather interior and the red trim on the doors, etc. It looked and felt amazing. The dealer didn't make it easy on me when he dropped the price to $6K below MSRP, but $39K was still $11K more than what I got the Accord Sport 2.0 for, and having driven both TLX and new Accord, I think the Accord has the better (10-sp.) transmission and is in fact faster than the TLX which weighs 400 lbs more, AND also handles a little better than the TLX IMO. The TLX is still a great buy with the current discounts if you are looking for or must have AWD.

Anyway if I had to do it over I would get the 2.0 Touring seeing the big discounts most people here got on their Accords - as much as $5,000+ below MSRP. If you can get a quote $4K-$5K below sticker, I would highly recommend the Touring, and not the Sport. You get more color choices with the Touring and it has a better interior and more standard options. I also noticed the Touring sells faster than the Sport. Went to 3 Honda dealers and only 1 had an '18 Touring (not my color). All 3 had plenty of '18 leftover Sport 2.0's in the lot though.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
It also appears that 2019 2.0T Touring models in Crystal Black have only one choice of interior (Black Leather). :sad: :crying:

Honda I understand that as far as production it's easier to have fewer choices but come on... everybody doesn't want the same color (flavor)… you only hurting yourself when you limit options. :sad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really wanted the manual transmission, so I was stuck with the Sport. I would have spent the extra coin for more interior color and upholstery choices of the Touring. Although it is my opinion that the Sport trim wheels look the best of all the options.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealer gave me a third party option which I was cool with $1500 bucks for any color, any kind of stitching with color choice and I got to deciede my perforation locations. It also came with a 5 year warranty through the dealership. Can’t beat that was between the red I got and almost a basketball brown with black stitching. But I love it super happy I got away from the fake leather it sucked!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow, that looks great! I didn't know Honda dealers could offer 3rd party seats! Good for you. My dealer never mentioned anything when I brought up the seat colors, or lack thereof.

Are these still heated with lumbar and all the power works as before? Did they tell you who makes them?

Harry

PS.
I hope they don't start falling apart in the 6th year :)

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
My dealer gave me a third party option which I was cool with $1500 bucks for any color, any kind of stitching with color choice and I got to deciede my perforation locations. It also came with a 5 year warranty through the dealership. Can’t beat that was between the red I got and almost a basketball brown with black stitching. But I love it super happy I got away from the fake leather it sucked!!!
Those look good... are they by Katzkin?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ya they are Katzin. And yes they installed everything back to factory, electrical, and heat. And honestly if they fell apart after the 5th year I’d pay the 1500 again for 5 more years in a new color. The quality of the leather is pretty **** nice for that price!!! ?

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Ya they are Katzin. And yes they installed everything back to factory, electrical, and heat. And honestly if they fell apart after the 5th year I’d pay the 1500 again for 5 more years in a new color. The quality of the leather is pretty **** nice for that price!!! ?
I thought they were Katzkin.... they have a quality product.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did the dealer keep the factory seats? If they did, then the price might be a lot higher if you had to replace them again, because you wouldn't have the OEM seats to trade.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
The upholstery shop removes the factory seat covers and installs the leather. They don’t replace the entire seat.
Yours appear to be Katzkin's also... that correct? I like that you had the door panels and center console done in the red also... was that an additional option? The previous poster w/Katzkin's didn't show that done on theirs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yours appear to be Katzkin's also... that correct? I like that you had the door panels and center console done in the red also... was that an additional option? The previous poster w/Katzkin's didn't show that done on theirs.
Yes I 'd like to know too. The interior in the pic looks a lot like the '19 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec Red that I test drove. It had red leather on the doors and arm rest as well. Which style Katzkin's is it? I really like the quilted design. Very nice choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I 'd like to know too. The interior in the pic looks a lot like the '19 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec Red that I test drove. It had red leather on the doors and arm rest as well. Which style Katzkin's is it? I really like the quilted design. Very nice choice.
Yes mine are katzkin. I paid an extra $500 for the door inserts and center console. That $500 also included the custom diamond stitching on the front and rear seats. The door inserts are also in the rear.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Yes mine are katzkin. I paid an extra $500 for the door inserts and center console. That $500 also included the custom diamond stitching on the front and rear seats. The door inserts are also in the rear.
That is sweeeeeeeeet!!!!! Well worth the extra $$$.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can't get better than that!!! Way better than doing the seats alone. OK you have the best interior Accord.. for now :)

Reactions: Kayos

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree. That looks awesome. The door inserts make a big difference. Did you consider putting in matching carpet?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts