2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They are the most sensitive rims I’ve ever owned. ? I can’t even gather how it happens.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
You have to be very careful with the 19" rims they are curb magnets... don't ask me how I know. :cry:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They really are. I scraped a curb once. But got it fixed. Made sure to give myself plenty of room since. And it’s been fine. This is just daily driving. It sucks. Boooooo

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
They really are. I scraped a curb once. But got it fixed. Made sure to give myself plenty of room since. And it’s been fine. This is just daily driving. It sucks. Boooooo
Been there/done that regarding the scrape. Haven't had any issues since though. Like you I give myself plenty of room now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put Alloy Gator rim protectors on my wheels. They are available on Amazon and come in many colors. They can take a beating. Installation instructions are on YouTube. They also add a visual pop.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
I put Alloy Gator rim protectors on my wheels. They are available on Amazon and come in many colors. They can take a beating. Installation instructions are on YouTube. They also add a visual pop.
I've heard/seen rim protectors before but haven't been able to hear from an end user as to how they felt about them. Are you satisfied w/them as it regards looks and protection? If you wouldn't mind can you provide a link to the ones you purchased on Amazon and picture(s) of them installed on your car? TIA.

·
Administrator
2,570 Posts
Alloygator Alloy Wheel Protection (MADE IN BRITAIN) Rim Protector Complete Set of 4 GREEN COLOR Excellent Fitment (FITS 13" to 21" OEM Factory Rims & Aftermarket Wheels) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H5TB91C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yAUyDbJFE206C

I love the look of them. I put blue ones on my still night pearl. I haven't tested them against a curb yet. Lol View attachment 3646
Nice!!!! (y) You do the install yourself? Any tips/tricks you can share if you did. TIA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yw. I have a question about your rims. Did you get the stock size or upsize? They look good btw.
I did the install myself. I used some sharp pruning shears to cut the alloy gators to size. You may want to use tubing cutters. Watch the YouTube videos alot. Use a good rubber/plastic mallet. The little metal clips are a bit of a pain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.