2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Im wondering if anyone knows of any company that makes an insert for those of us who have a spot spoiler and removed it (holes remain exposed). I know the option thus far has been buy or trade for a non sport trunk in your color and swap them out. However it seems to me it would be entirely easier to have an "insert" made. Yes, you would see the outline of where the old spoiler was, but it would be flush instead of raised as the original spoiler is. Anyone know how i could even begin to go down this path? I love the duckbill i installed, but the original spoiler still being there is ruining it.

And yes, im fully prepared to accept that this is a fantasy and I will have to do the first one mentioned.

-SP

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yea I don't know, there are nine rectangular holes beneath the stock spoiler where it clips in. I just swapped to the V type and it covers all of the stock holes(not by much.) I still had to get the buffer out to remove the outline at the outer edges. Probably doesn't make sense $ wise to have the holes filled.

I used to have a Subaru STI and trunk swapping was very common. A guy drove 3 hours and paid me cash to get my trunk lid with the park bench wing. We had to swap the springs and all that too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey! I’m going through the same problem.. I have a 2019 Sport 2.0 in San Marino red and I’m in the process of doing mods to the car.. I’ve ordered the duck bill spoiler should be here Jan 10th. That spoiler doesn’t cover the holes... not even 1.. the only thing I’ve seen on YouTube is a guy has a white sport who has done what I’m doing. Once he took the stock spoiler off he took a can of “ foam stuff” I believe that’s the actual name of the product, filled the holes with if.. let it dry till it gets hard.. then uses a single edge razor blade to trim the excess till the foam is flush with the trunk.. he then wraps his trunk in white and it turned out great!! I’m gonna have to do something like that looks like.. im going with the red/black theme..the mods I have done so far...
chrome delete using vinyl wrap
blacked Roof wrap
Plasti-dipped factory wheels- ( just till I get the wheels I want) I’m getting Aodhon black LS007 20 x9 wheels not sure which tires yet but they will be 245/35 20
Upgraded the factory stereo.. now has 1400 watts power, 2 sets of 5.5” of Focal component powered by a 500 watt JBL amp.. 2 10” JBL W3 subs in a box in the trunk.. powered by a kicker 900 watt amp using the factory head unit. complete LED interior lighting plus red footwell lighting that also flashes to music. Red Honda steering wheel center cap.. a phone charger that you just lay your phone on top... on order is a set of red and black front and rear diamond stitched leather floor Mats and a. Gloss black duck billed spoiler..I’m installing wednesday custom version 1 tail light with the flashers an signal strobe.. and a 40” led 3rd brake light will be added this week as well..

·
Registered
80 Posts
I looked high and low for spoiler options and like the duckbill but when it comes down to it I went with the Type V because it covered every hole and looks good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts