2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm curious if anyone else has this question - or even the desire to do this. I really like the look of the tachometer when in Sport Mode (with the tightened spacing/font and the turbo boost indicator) but I don't want to run my car in Sport Mode all the time for fuel economy reasons. Has anyone been able to figure out if there's a way to display the Sport Mode tachometer view while in Normal or Econ modes? I know it's kind of frivolous, but I thought I'd put the question out there.

Thanks!
Evan

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know that there is a tachometer setting in the infotainment system, but I believe that only allows you to view it while cycling through the different information screens. Perhaps this is something Honda could push through with an update if there is interest in it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Scotty. I know there were a lot of complaints about the tachometer and it being hidden when you select other metrics in the display (fuel economy, for example). That's been solved in the Meter settings. But I'd love to see Honda push out the capability to show the condensed 'Sport Mode' tach when in Normal or Econ mode -- not just for the turbo boost indicator, but it just looks better to me when it's condensed in to the smaller view; seems to match the speedometer better.

Thanks!
Evan

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just enabled the tach to show with other display screens and I'm glad they added that feature. I too would like the option to enable 'Sport Mode' Tach at will.

It does look better and it's kinda cool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At least you have a way to view the boost. If you got a manual trans there is no sport mode and not boost gauge or red cluster lights. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
The manual describes how to set the display so tachometer remains visible in display selections other than the primary tach display.

P.377

Settings > Vehicle Settings > Meter Setup > Tachometer
Selects whether the tachometer come on the driver information interface.

·
Registered
20 Posts
so true bro sad face they should have a upgrade on the ecu soon for display

At least you have a way to view the boost. If you got a manual trans there is no sport mode and not boost gauge or red cluster lights. :(
so true bro sad face they should have a upgrade on the ecu soon for display

1 - 9 of 9 Posts