2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Wow those gains are pretty incredible, thanks for sharing the dyno results. I think you might be one of the first members on here to have their Accord all tuned. You'll have to let us know how differently it drives, once the weather improves. How much did the tune cost you, everything installed and configured?

· Registered
320 Posts
Wow that's certainly an affordable aftermarket upgrade. I'm pretty sure from what I've seen about the Hondata tune for the Accord is that it even surpasses the torque offering in the Civic Type R. Looks like Honda has made quite the little sleeper in their new model. Have you done anything else to the Accord besides the new tune?

· Registered
320 Posts
I think for what you've already gained through the Stage 3 tune, that further enhancements should be made with aftermarket parts. Not sure how hard you'll want to risk pushing performance, without making any upgrades to the stock components. Never thought we'd see the CTR being outperformed in any aspect by the new Accord.

· Registered
320 Posts
Lol. Well I think down the line all you'd really need to consider changing is the exhaust and intake. Did they mention possibly putting in better quality spark plugs or anything? I've seen some tunes require this before in an effort to protect the engine.

· Registered
320 Posts
Are you planning on upgrading to an aftermarket clutch? You may find that the additional power from the tune may wear through the factory set up much more quickly than normal. Guess you'll only be able to determine that after putting some mileage on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.