2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently ordered whitelines 22mm rear sway bar with lateral locks for better handling and was thinking if a strut bar would make it even better for being “more predictable” when steering. I started looking around Google and found a couple options but can’t decide what brand/style to go with. Are they worth it for our generation or is it just aesthetics? I would like to see your thoughts of what you guys think and if you own one of these can you let me know how it’s changed the feel of the car.
1. DC Sports | one piece design
2. Ultra Racing | one piece design
3. Brace1 | two piece design

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
399 Posts
I can't speak for this specific platform but I can say that a one piece bar over any multi piece bar will be worth the money. Generally you will notice it most during higher speed quick changes like a highway lane change but it will add a little more predictability to your turn in, especially with the sway bar in the rear. I've heard good things about the DC Sports bar on this platform. In the end if won't be a mod that will make a night and day change to the car but get yourself a good single piece bar and it will do its job where it's supposed to.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Mr.2.g0 I appreciate your input. I’m considering this mod for commuting to work as my route takes me through canyons with lots of curves.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've had plenty of cars with them and they're a nice complimentary mod to something like a good rear sway bar like you have or a good set of springs/coilovers. just don't waste your time on a multi piece bar. gives you extra flex where the whole point of the bar is to add rigidity.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully it will handle as good as I think it will only because I’m on bags.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've never had a car on bags so I've got no idea how that rides lol I can only imagine that you'll feel anything that adds rigidity on that though.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Coilovers handle better than bags so I’ll assume that it will be better with the addition of the sway bar, now just to pick between DC or UR 🤔

·
Registered
112 Posts
Coilovers handle better than bags so I’ll assume that it will be better with the addition of the sway bar and strut tower now just to pick between DC or UR 🤔
HPS is also releasing a strut bar. Not sure when, but that might be an option as well.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard cusco was going to make one but still haven’t seen anything as of yet just a brace kit. Do you know if it’s going to be a one piece design ?

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
265 Posts
DC Sports all day 👍

·
Registered
590 Posts
Typically a McPherson style suspension (which is what is on our accords)sees more benefit from a strut bar. I vote Ultra for two reasons. Single piece design and DC sport says their bar may interfere with the engine cover. Also they make an additional rear bar to add, which I plan on doing to neutralize as much understeer as possible. Plus the price for both the strut and rear bar is not that much more than just the strut bar.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
265 Posts
Typically a McPherson style suspension (which is what is on our accords)sees more benefit from a strut bar. I vote Ultra for two reasons. Single piece design and DC sport says their bar may interfere with the engine cover. Also they make an additional rear bar to add, which I plan on doing to neutralize as much understeer as possible. Plus the price for both the strut and rear bar is not that much more than just the strut bar.

I can tell you that it doesn’t interfere with the 2.0T cover. Type R or stock.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I’m leaning towards the DC for a couple of other reasons.
1.The UR strut bar is out of stock and 3 weeks out even on eBay.
2. The DC has more of a appealing look that kind of goes more with the color of my car Lunar Silver.
3.The price difference between the two.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So I’m leaning towards the DC for a couple of other reasons.
1.The UR strut bar is out of stock and 3 weeks out even on eBay.
2. The DC has more of a appealing look that kind of goes more with the color of my car Lunar Silver.
3.The price difference between the two.
Sucks the UR is out of stock but wow I found the DC for $132! Might have to grab one too.

Edit: did you check the link I posted above says UR is in stock $148

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 63 Posts