2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Doh! Still nothing?
Nada man but I did reach out to MAP because thats where I bought mine from and was told a replacement will be getting shipped out through UPS this time and will require me to go pick it up at one of there locations.
PS: MAP price matched with Walmart so I got it for the same price and got reward points lol.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
35 Posts
Some new options are expected to hit the market near term.

27WON posted this image on their IG story today 8/24/21.

PRL is expected to release their “Throwback”strut bar that pays homage to the DC2 Integra Type R design during Q4 2021. I really dig this! It’s only for the FK8/10th Gen Civic right now, but on IG someone asked PRL if they’re making one for the Accord and this was their response “Very doable and should be about the same time”, sounds promising
Bicycle part Auto part Office supplies Tool Fashion accessory
Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive window part Slope Rectangle
Tool Nickel Titanium Metal Office supplies

Now that 27WON is pushing to have their Accord strut bar released, it might influence PRL to consider the Accord even further.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Yeah I actually ended up installing it the same day it was delivered. The addition of the strut bar helped reduce vibrations in the cabin felt from uneven roads and the steering does feel more predictable imo. The rear sway bar and strut bar combined was a night and day difference for me especially when I was down in Mexico 😉 I actually was able to stay in my lane the entire time at high speeds the stock rsb had me going in other lanes so definitely a benefit from that and it’s also much more safer. Very happy with these investments.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah I actually ended up installing it the same day it was delivered. The addition of the strut bar helped reduce vibrations in the cabin felt from uneven roads and the steering does feel more predictable imo. The rear sway bar and strut bar combined was a night and day difference for me especially when I was down in Mexico 😉 I actually was able to stay in my lane the entire time at high speeds the stock rsb had me going in other lanes so definitely a benefit from that and it’s also much more safer. Very happy with these investments.
Yeah the strut bar should help some with th torque steer on MacPherson setups like ours. Probably wind up with the UR because I think the white will look good against the blue engine bay, and I want to retain the oversteer so will do it together with their rear support bar at the same time(even though not thrilled with UR customer service, only ones that make that rear stabilizer bar that's a solid piece. Really liking the 22mm rsb so far overnight the 20mm I had on the white car. The rear end is just rock solid now, and the steering is much sharper than even the 20mm.bar which was surprising.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Whiteline also makes a 26mm I wonder how that would feel lol I just thought it was a bit overkill so I didn’t get it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Most definitely. I used to get the Hotchkis front and rear bar kits. People with full coilovers would drive my car and be like damn your car handles so we'll.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
265 Posts
Just ordered my 22mm Progress rear sway. Hopefully tighten the car up a little more. With the H&R springs, DC STB and new Progress rear sway should be fun to throw around a bit. Motor mounts also helped with stiffening the car too.

Reactions: RnS 2.0T

·
Registered
590 Posts
Do you think a front sway bar would be beneficial?
So I thought ur made a fsb for the car. I can only find eibach bar. Unfortunately they have no specs on it other than the size. I'm would like to know more about the stiffness ect seeing it's the same diameter as stock. I'm sure it's stiffer, but hard to guage how to set your suspension up not on knowing the increase as diameter isn't everything. UR makes two front subframe bars a straight one that goes under the radiator/ic support and a triangular one that goes around then lower mount area. I would try those first, especially since the fsb is such a pitb to install. Again I also hate understeer, so anytime I stiffen the front, I always make the back stiffer to compensate. So if I do the strut bar, I'll also do the rear subframe bar UR makes at same time to keep that oversteer bias.

Now that 26mm Whiteline rsb would be a hoot. Talk about oversteer. It's nothing you couldn't tune out with some stiffer spring or anything, but I don't see any front sway bars on the market that I feel pair well, not knowing the eibach fsb stiffness. If both your front and rear bars wind up being the same proportion in stiffness to each other as the stock setup, yes the car will handle better/stiffer, but it would have the same handling characteristics as stock. Some people might like that. I'm sure the fsb from eibach works well, just hard to give proper information about how to setup your vehicle without that knowledge. And adjusting the fsb after it's installed is also a pitb.

Just for example mkv kits Hotchkis made both front and rear bars were 27mm adjustable. Rear bar was like 45%, 70%, 105%stiffer than stock. Front bar, same diameter, was like 95%, 135%, and 200% stiffer than stock.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
Yeah that’s the only brand I found that has the front sway bar maybe someone could chime in and tell us in depth if there was any difference after they swapped the front. Dropping the subframe is always a pita

41 - 60 of 63 Posts