2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I love the Accord I am truly disappointed in how flat the mid/bass is. I don't understand why Honda won't just use the Acura ELS (Panasonic) Premium Audio for the Accord Touring and 2.0t Sport, instead of the anemic version we're saddled with. I had a 2005 Acura TL and it was by far the best factory system I've had in a car, the 8" rear-deck sub pounded hard and puts the current Honda systems to shame. I would gladly pay a little more for a decent system without having to aftermarket upgrade. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
932 Posts
I'm probably not one that would be called/considered an "audiophile" but IMO I'm happy w/the system in my car. Granted my ears are probably not as good as some due to my time in the military and my early years in public safety (Q2 siren & air horns) w/o ear/noise protection. I'm not into playing my system loud so that I can feel the music more than I'm wanting clarity over volume. With that said I do realize that it is possible to make this system better just for me I don't see the need (or not sure I would know/hear the difference if I did). Good luck on finding something that suits your need.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My audio system on my 2.0T Touring sounds great to me also. I adjusted the settings to find my ideal sweet spot, and have been enjoying it ever since.

I do notice a slight difference between media sources (FM, XM, USB, phone, etc.), but they all sound good to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As much as I love the Accord I am truly disappointed in how flat the mid/bass is. I don't understand why Honda won't just use the Acura ELS (Panasonic) Premium Audio for the Accord Touring and 2.0t Sport, instead of the anemic version we're saddled with. I had a 2005 Acura TL and it was by far the best factory system I've had in a car, the 8" rear-deck sub pounded hard and puts the current Honda systems to shame. I would gladly pay a little more for a decent system without having to aftermarket upgrade. Thoughts?
If you have a Accord Touring it comes with a 450 watt system with 10 speakers including a sub-woofer - the Sport only comes with a 180 watt system with 8 speakers . Please note speakers are different between the Touring and Sport. I agree that the Sport system is anemic but the Touring cranks up great and is really more noticeable above volume 16 and the bass is great. That was one of reasons I bought the Touring. WHAT MODEL DO YOU HAVE ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree that the system in our 2018 EX is pretty weak. I feel like maybe upgrading the main speakers on the back deck my fix it. The stock speakers overdrive with hardly any bass or volume. I don't think that they sounds great either. I assume it can't be too hard to swap in a new set of speakers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went through the exercise of replacing all 4 speakers in my 2018 EX shortly after purchase. I replaced all 4 speakers with infinity coaxials. In retrospect, i would only replace the front speakers, the automatic noise control seems to kill the sound coming from the back deck. plus replacing back deck speakers was an all day commitment, front doors were a lot easier. for the front doors, i would purchase the sail speaker panels from Honda and replace with two way speakers. That way the midrange speaker could have slightly deeper lows than a coaxial and the tweeter would have a little better imaging. I spent about $180 for 4 infinity coaxials (they were on sale). in retrospect i could have bought two better two way speakers for the same amount.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have a Accord Touring it comes with a 450 watt system with 10 speakers including a sub-woofer - the Sport only comes with a 180 watt system with 8 speakers . Please note speakers are different between the Touring and Sport. I agree that the Sport system is anemic but the Touring cranks up great and is really more noticeable above volume 16 and the bass is great. That was one of reasons I bought the Touring. WHAT MODEL DO YOU HAVE ?
I don't own an Accord (at least right now) I sell them! During the test drive I demonstrate the Display Audio and focus on how crisp the sound is, lol smh 🙄🤦🏾‍♂️

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't own an Accord (at least right now) I sell them! During the test drive I demonstrate the Display Audio and focus on how crisp the sound is, lol smh 🙄🤦🏾‍♂️
Well that was sneaky! You had me (us) thinking that you were an Accord owner and was complaining about your Accord's audio system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ha! I'm not saying it's horrible or anything but I do think Honda saved a few bucks on the speakers...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that was sneaky! You had me (us) thinking that you were an Accord owner and was complaining about your Accord's audio system.
Lol, I'm very upfront and realistic with my customers and they appreciate it! My managers know how I feel about the speakers but they don't mind because I sell a lot of Hondas :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recently installed an amp, sub, and loc in my sport and the extra bass has made a world of difference. Now I can adjust the bass on the head unit to a point where the factory components can handle it without distorting and let the sub handle the rest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts