2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here having issues with heavy bass rattling? Particularly from the subs. How did you guys fix this problem? Did you fix it yourself or is this something the dealer can fix for free under warranty? I have a 2018 Honda Accord EX-L which has a Premium Audio but with the rattling it doesn’t sound like premium to me.

If you DIY, can you guys post pics or video on how you fixed it?! Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
What do you have your bass and subwoofer levels set at?

I haven’t run into this problem but I haven’t played some heavy bass tunes yet. I’ll test it out soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you have your bass and subwoofer levels set at?

I haven’t run into this problem but I haven’t played some heavy bass tunes yet. I’ll test it out soon.
I have my sub set at 50% and my bass level probably around 60%. Trust me, I've played with different settings already and even have sub and bass level set below 50% but I still get that rattling problem. I notice it's only happening at that rear part where the speakers are.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Interesting. The civic touring has subwoofer rattle probs. I’d expect the Accord to learn from their mistake.

Seems like we need some dampening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been researching about this and it seems to be going on for several generations of both civics and accords!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Same problem I had in my 16 EX-L. I found that it was the deck itself that rattled. I disconnected the factory sub, ran a Kicker, and although it rattled (obviously) it didn't seem to be as much from the deck.

With the Kicker in my 2018 Sport I found some rattles but was able to resolve most of them. Start with where the glass and rear plastic deck panel meet. Wedge something between them to reduce that vibration/rattle. Next, line the trunk lining on the trunk door itself with foam. Those 2 should get you pretty squared away with rattles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want to update you guys, so I went yesterday to the dealer where I got my Accord to complain about the rattling/vibrations on the rear deck subs. To my surprise, the service advisor said that they can’t fix it under warranty because I tinted my windows. I told him that the problem was already there even before I tinted my windows but still they said they can’t fix it under warranty. They could however fix it with a labor fee of $60/every 30 mins! I was like... **** No!

So today I tried fixing it myself just like UGotWorkedSON’s advise and countless of similar tips I found across different Make and Models with the similar problem. I used some egg crate-looking foam I found from some package shipped and cut 1/4” x 6”. I then squeeze this foams on every hole underneath the speaker deck which you can see when you open the trunk. Note that I didn’t disconnect or unscrew any part of the deck. I just tried my best reaching it with my fingers. After I filled the holes with foam I then tested it out and played some heavy bass hip hop songs. Voila, the vibrations have disappeared! I’m able now to crank my bass/volume up and adjust the sound settings to how I want to without worrying about the rattling! Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just want to update you guys, so I went yesterday to the dealer where I got my Accord to complain about the rattling/vibrations on the rear deck subs. To my surprise, the service advisor said that they can’t fix it under warranty because I tinted my windows. I told him that the problem was already there even before I tinted my windows but still they said they can’t fix it under warranty. They could however fix it with a labor fee of $60/every 30 mins! I was like... **** No!

So today I tried fixing it myself just like UGotWorkedSON’s advise and countless of similar tips I found across different Make and Models with the similar problem. I used some egg crate-looking foam I found from some package shipped and cut 1/4” x 6”. I then squeeze this foams on every hole underneath the speaker deck which you can see when you open the trunk. Note that I didn’t disconnect or unscrew any part of the deck. I just tried my best reaching it with my fingers. After I filled the holes with foam I then tested it out and played some heavy bass hip hop songs. Voila, the vibrations have disappeared! I’m able now to crank my bass/volume up and adjust the sound settings to how I want to without worrying about the rattling! Thanks for the help guys!
Glad I was able to help! If any other rattles come back, removing the trunk liner, filling with foam, and reattaching should help as well as "stuffing" the rear window/deck edge where the meet.

Also, you need to find a new dealer to go to and post a review on Google Maps regarding the poor service at your previous dealer. Using tint as an excuse as to why your rear deck is rattling is ludicrous.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I should mention, I had this same issue with my old 07 Civic, and fixed it the same way, took some pink egg crate foam I got from work, jammed it in the little oval holes on the underside of the rear deck and it fixed it mostly.

My other issue now, even without having music on, is the freaking trim around the HUD projector squeaking/rattling. Since I have a black dashboard, I'm thinking of taking some black craft foam and jamming it in between the trim and the windshield to press the trim down.

It's kinda BS that they make these cars so hollow now for weight reduction and fuel economy, but yet you can't even enjoy the ride because everything makes a noise.

Ok, end rant, but just food for thought, try using black craft foam if you need to jam something between the rear deck and the rear windshield if you have a black interior. 99 cents a sheet at Michaels or your local crafts store, it's about 1/8" thick.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have two JL Audio 10w/3 and a 1000w amp.... Saturday I purchased 1/2 thick molding from Walmart @ $3.74 per 10’ because it was the smallest amount available. My windows are tinted so I just went between the 3rd brake light and window and boom problem is solved!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a rattle that occurs on heavy bass (I crank mine up but keep the volume around 12-14). However the vibration even occurs when I go over bumps on the highway. It seems worse when it’s very cold outside. Perhaps because it contracts and then expands and heats up when the temps are warmer. I wonder how long until Honda releases a TSB for the 2018+ edition because the heavy vibration can be very annoying at times. Here’s the one from previous gen: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=405289&d=1493394556

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same problem. Funny, I only heard this excessive rattling when it was colder in the morning. Brought to dealer under warranty, and they mostly fixed it, its still there but very, very minor compared to how it started. My 2 test songs to show the dealership was Biggys "Hypnotize" and Katy Perry's " the one that got away", quite the disparity there haha. The vibrations went away when the top of the 3rd brake light was pushed down. We'll see how this holds up in the coming winter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts