2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Sun roof wind deflector

6K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  craig04c5 
#1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the wind deflector that pops up when the sun roof is opened makes wind noise actually worse? Has anyone found a way around this?

#2 ·
I can tell you that the moonroof visor doesn't help/make a difference. I had the visor installed prior to purchase and was surprised at the wind noise w/it. I have had previous cars w/moonroof's that the visor cut the noise down... not so on the Accord. :sad:

#6 ·
Bad instructions ?

Hi all, I installed this last night, and I have some slight warping on the panel. Its most obvious when the sunroof is on tilt, the left side is about touching the glass. The other side is off the glass by much more. All sides have equal spacing. When I was installing, the instructions seemed really off for the placement of the side brackets. To find the proper location, I loosely placed the visor on top where the center brackets were, then knew basically where to put the side brackets by lining up with the holes. Here is a photo of the instructions, I put a big circle to the part that was bad information, at least I think it is. ( 1.97 " from that indentation where the bodywork angles up is not even close to where the screw holes are on the visor. )

Would someone be so kind and take a picture of where your side brackets ended up?

I left a towel stuffed underneath the low side overnight, it seemed to help a little bit.

Attachments

#7 ·
good info!

i was about to buy the moonroof visor for my '18 accord touring, but decided to see how well it reduced noise. i had one on my '91 legend, and it seemed to help. google brought me here, and i was a little disappointed that noise reduction hasn't been folks' experience. i guess i'll just stick to the fender emblem/garnish, which even a mechanically inept person might get right (i hope).

i look forward to checking out the rest of the forum!

flash gordon, m.d. | flash -at- docflash - dot - com

"In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is."

(see docflash.com/quotes.html for more)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.