2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've owned my Canadian '20 Sport 2.0T since last Halloween and live somewhere cold, so haven't had the sunroof open very many times.

I opened it the other day and noticed significant deposits of white grease on the bars coming up at the front of the deflector. Inspection later, when I got home, revealed that the grease was all along the track too.

I assume this is normal, but just wanted to make sure. I made the mistake of touching the grease (thinking it was some sort of plastic repair to the deflector bar) and had to scramble to find something to clean my hands - it's hard to avoid spreading grease when you drive a manual. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
It’s normal. Keeps the friction down and noise.

Reactions: PhotoJim

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
My 2.0t sport has this too. I noticed it sometime last week for the first time and almost touched it but realized what it was before I did, thankfully. At least you found a way to clean it off before your shift knob and center console got a fresh coat of grease! haha

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it's normal, all my previous cars with sunroofs had the grease there as well. I believe it's to reduce the chances of the mechanisms corroding from the moisture that can come in under extreme weather changes.
Thanks. My '07 didn't have any visible grease, which is why I wasn't sure. I don't think my '87 Jetta did either (but its sunroof was a crank-style one and it had a solid panel, not glass).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks. My '07 didn't have any visible grease, which is why I wasn't sure. I don't think my '87 Jetta did either (but its sunroof was a crank-style one and it had a solid panel, not glass).
It bugs me, I'll probably clean it up next time I do a full detail. They just slather it on don't care to see if it's in a spot where it doesn't even need to be. I'll make sure it's just on the moving parts and remove the rest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.