2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently installed a rear ebibach sway bar onto my car and now ever since I've been having clunking noises, I think it happens when the car shifts weight from one side to the other side It sounds like metal like banging in the rear. I was just wondering if anyone has installed a sway bar and found the same problem. I have driven it around curvy roads and it seems to still be doing the job, I've been trying to diagnosis the car cause it's driving me insane every time it clunks.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Have you tried loosening everything up and tightening it back up? Thinking maybe something is binding and if you loosen things up and re-torque them back it may correct your issue.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 1.5T CVT
11 Posts
When I changed mine out for a Progress RSB, I stripped out the threads on one connecting link when installing the nut back on to it and torqueing to spec. I tried running it like that but it would clunk just like what you've said.

Ended up having to buy a new link part and nuts. I checked the service manual and it actually says not to reuse the nuts or bolts.

Not sure if you're having the same issue but check if there is play between the link and your new sway bar.
Font Parallel Screenshot Circle Diagram

1 - 3 of 3 Posts