2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This review is for a set of Swift Spec-R lowering springs for the tenth generation Honda Accord. I purchased these springs for a few reasons: first, I like the look of lowered Accords. Second, Swift springs are widely regarded as a high quality spring. Third, Swift springs are a JDM product which seems fitting on a Honda.

I received the springs nicely packaged and labeled. Installation was straightforward and took me around 2 hours. I followed the Lemon Factor’s video on YouTube (linked below). I found that I did not need to use a spring compressor to put the new lowering springs on the struts as I was able to push the spring down enough by hand with the top hat on to thread the strut nut on. The rear springs did not require a compressor to remove the stock ones or install the new ones.

Impressions: I’m happy with the ride. It is noticeably stiffer if you’re familiar with your car. It is not so noticeably stiff that a passenger would complain or even realize it’s not factory. The nose of the car has less rise and dive on acceleration/braking and the car remains more level through turns. The drop is exactly what I wanted - a factory “sport” look.

A few technical specs:

Measurements before and after from ground to top of wheel well:

Stock:
FL 27-1/4”
FR 27-1/4”
RR 27-3/4”
RL 27-3/4”

Lowered:
FL 26-1/8”
FR 26-1/4”
RR 26-1/2”
RL 26-5/8”

I did have approximately 2.9* camber on the driver side rear and 3.2* passenger side rear after lowering, while riding on the stock camber arms. I would recommend replacing with adjustable camber arms.

Overall I’m happy with the springs. They lowered the car right about the advertised 1.2”. The stock struts/shocks are an appropriate level of dampening for the springs. I’d recommend these to be considered alongside H&R, Eibach, or D2.

Install video:

Before:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

After:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Packing materials Wood Beige Font Packaging and labeling

Font Wood Brand Art Graphics

· Registered
2021 Accord Touring
16 Posts
Thanks for the review! I've got the same springs on my touring - wanted to retain the dampers for now without buying canceling kits, and like you said they ride pretty great. Also love that these springs do not require trimming of the bump stops unlike other kits.

· Registered
18 Accord Touring 2.0T
4 Posts
Thanks for the review! I've got the same springs on my touring - wanted to retain the dampers for now without buying canceling kits, and like you said they ride pretty great. Also love that these springs do not require trimming of the bump stops unlike other kits.
How do you like the swifts on the touring? I love them on my Si and want them for my 2.0 Touring, just not sure about they act with the active suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts