2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 the month of June I had every warning and malfunction light to come on unexpectedly on my drive home from work.
A semi was behind me when this occurred quick thinking I hit the hazard lights and he slowed down to go around me. Once he got to my driver door the car went into limp mode practical stopping on the highway. I pulled over to get out of traffic. Scared me out of my mind...
There was a side street I got on that lead back to my job but on a less traffic road. The car only went 20 mph and I was still holding up traffic. Those 10 minutes took forever. I got back to the job and called Butler Honda who in reply ask me to bring the car in..
With me telling him what the car was doing might have missed a memory cell in the person on the other end of the phone’s brain because he was insisting that I drive the car in.
I called a tow truck who took the car in for me. Two days later they called and said the car was ready.. In response to the problem I was told it was a coolant temperature sensor gone bad..
Personally I knew it was a lie I work at Oreilly’s Auto Part and have been dealing with car parts for thirteen years. If it was the coolant sensor only the check engine light would have come on. The power steering, brake system, cruise control, traction control, etc lights would not have been flashing the way they were. I love my Honda and gave them the benefit of a doubt. Today on my way out of the parking lot guess what it happened again. Luckily no one was behind me so I eased my car in reverse and got it into a parking spot..
Went inside to call the same dealership to inform them that the same problem has occurred, again and again the young lady wanted me to drive it there.
I again called Mike Adams Towing who normally charge $225.00 for the distant only charged me $125.00 and dropped me off at my front door once it was done. I would hate to be seriously injured because of this. If any one has had this problem and it has been really resolved what was it so I can tell Butler Honda what it is.. I'm not only thinking of my life. There are far more people on the roads than I .

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Can't help w/your problem but do think you need to have a talk w/Service Manager & General Manager. With what you have described as how the car was acting it was unsafe for you to drive it and they should be responsible for the tow (both of them). I would also contact Honda Customer Service (contact info below) to open a claim.

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service Mail Stop 100-5E-8A
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

800-999-1009
Monday - Friday
0600 - 1700 Pacific Time

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fired00d,
Good morning..
I just got off the phone with the dealer and he replied. $1300.00 to replace my fuel injectors.. I don't mind paying this money for my car but is it going to fix the problem.. The gentleman told my he couldn't say that the problem was fixed only what the diagnosis is for now. I asked him if they have a recall on the Honda for will I get my money back. The gentleman replied with a no and I would have to take this up with Honda this will no longer affect them.
This is robbery and at this time when I though time was hard it just got harder for me. I can't believe this out of the oven and into the fire. If it happens again who know what Buttler Honda will say what the problem is..
First it was a coolant temperature sensor.
Second it is the injector
I even informed the gentleman again that I work at Oreillys Auto Parts and those parts are not coating that much I'm paying double on the labor because the injectors are on top and it doesn't take two hrs to change.. Business is slow I understand but I have to live off one income and I thought a reliable car.. I am so depressed now. This is horrible I wouldn't wish this on anyone..

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Since they are charging you I take it your car is no longer under warranty ("Every new Honda is covered, including the 12-volt battery, for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first")? If this is the case I would still contact Customer Service to start a claim... worse case is it is denied. However it will put the dealer on notice and possible get a factory rep come look at your car. Not knowing how many miles and other particulars about how your car has been maintained it is still hard for me to believe the injectors have gone bad. BTW... what year, trim, how many miles on your car, and are you the original owner? Good luck... keep us informed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car is a 2018 Honda Accord it has 50,000 miles I work two jobs until the virus situation happened.
I work in two different counties I drive to work and home only. I get all my shopping done in a 30 mile radius one way and back home. When weekend permits I visit my grand children who live about35 miles from my home. I've only gone on three trips in my car
Valdosta, Ga for a weekend getaway.
Savannah, Ga for a weekend get away, and Augusta, GA for Thanksgiving with the family. I'm 52 years old so hanging out and unnecessary driving is out too tired from working. I take care of my car. I bought it in January of 2018.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Luxury vehicle

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Gotcha… unfortunately the car's mileage has exceeded the original warranty, however I still think the replacement of the injectors is too soon. I would hope injectors last a lot longer in these cars. If you haven't already do contact Honda Customer Service... explain your situation... what the dealership has done to fix the car (that didn't fix it), what they say needs to be done now, and request a factory rep come look at your car. I would think the factory would be interested in seeing injectors that need to be replaced with only 50k on the car.

Is this the dealership you purchased the car from... do you have a good relationship w/them? Do you think this dealership is trying to take advantage of you because you are female (going by your screen name @Alicia Redding)? Is there another dealership close that you can take your car for service?

You (and others that may want to have dealings w/them) should take a look at some of the reviews Butler Honda has received...

Dealer Rater Reviews

Yelp Reviews

Cars.com Reviews

Better Business Bureau Complaints

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes this is the dealership that I purchased the car from and Walsh Honda is closer to me. Yes I have a great relationship with Butler Honda and me being a female could be the reason but I'm hoping not..
I want to thank you for addressing my concerns with my car. You are a very knowledgeable person whom this world could use a lot more of.. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Since you did buy from Butler, have a good relationship w/them try speaking w/someone in upper management (Service Mgr/General Mgr/Etc.) if you haven't already. And, again contact Honda Customer Service... this could turn out to be some type of defect they should be made aware of... your misfortune could enlighten them of an issue saving others frustration and relieve you of having to pay. I have found that as long as a person is polite and persistent things can come out to their benefit.

You are more than welcome for any assistance I have or can offer to get your situation resolved. BTW you have a nice looking car... those wheels are sweet!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.