2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. My husband and I bought a 2018 Honda Accord 1.5T EX-L and we were wondering why the light panel on either side of the rear of the trunk doesn't light up. There is an entire panel of red plastic that looks like it has light bulbs under it, but we've yet to see them light up. Does anyone know if these panels are only decorative?

We love all the features on our Honda, and plan to enjoy driving it for many years to come. We are looking forward to reading the comments on this forum to learn more about our car. Thanks for any insight you can provide! Kris & Roy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi there. I have a 2018 Accord, Touring. The light panels on the trunk are reserved and only have bulbs for the Touring model.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Only the Touring trims light up on that section of the tail lights. I don't know why Honda didn't do this for all trims, especially since it adds to safety.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Only the Touring trims light up on that section of the tail lights. I don't know why Honda didn't do this for all trims, especially since it adds to safety.
I noticed its a practice that car makers do to emphasize how special certain trims are. Its weird but at least as a Touring owner that knows all its differences, you have more reason to love it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I followed another Touring edition and then a non-touring the other day for a while and I really like the extended brake lights. From that perspective they look very straight across the back. I don't get to see it from that point of view on my own vehicle because I stand taller than the back and from that angle you see more of the top of the lights.

As for the lower part of the claw, I could take it or leave it. I'm of the opinion that I don't want to stand out by having really unique looking lights. I'm partially tempted to disconnect that section on the trunk.

Now watch, someone will chime in and tell us all how they are there for safety, etc. even though the lower trims don't get that benefit. :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you wanted to make the lights work you would have to switch out the wire harness and tail lights itself. There is a post floating somewhere on the web with the part #s for the wire harness and lights.

·
Registered
133 Posts
As for the lower part of the claw, I could take it or leave it. I'm of the opinion that I don't want to stand out by having really unique looking lights. I'm partially tempted to disconnect that section on the trunk.

Now watch, someone will chime in and tell us all how they are there for safety, etc. even though the lower trims don't get that benefit. :wink:
Whatever you do do not disconnect on Touring cars. As they are a safety item for the rich and snobs.
And I love mine.
:wink::grin:

Reactions: MSMV1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts