Honda Accord 2.0T to a Dodge Challenger R/T

• Yes - Go for this overweight pony car with a big old V-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick background: I'm a Honda fanatic. Been one since 1986 when I got my driver's license. I've lost count of the # of Honda's I have owned. Best was a brand new 2002 S2000. I have a ASIMO plush toy hanging from my windshield and a new Super Cub in the garage. Wife drives an Odyssey. Yup, I am a fan boy. But I have an obsession with Dodge Challenger R/T's or R/T Scat Packs with manual trans. Never owned a domestic but always wanted to own a good ole American V8 before I die and before the industry kills them off. I always loved the Challenger but was always concerned about reliability. I love my Accord 2.0T and was super excited to have a manual transmission seeing that Honda has discontinued it in the Accord (shame). I will never buy an automatic and need 3 seats in the rear. Before the Accord I had 2017 Civic Si but it was too small and not enough power. I plan on keeping the Accord for at least 2 more years so I'm not pulling the trigger any time soon. Just wondering if anyone here has had experiences with the Challenger or is a big Honda fan like me tempted by the fruit of another.

·
Registered
252 Posts
A quick background: I'm a Honda fanatic. Been one since 1986 when I got my driver's license. I've lost count of the # of Honda's I have owned. Best was a brand new 2002 S2000. I have a ASIMO plush toy hanging from my windshield and a new Super Cub in the garage. Wife drives an Odyssey. Yup, I am a fan boy. But I have an obsession with Dodge Challenger R/T's or R/T Scat Packs with manual trans. Never owned a domestic but always wanted to own a good ole American V8 before I die and before the industry kills them off. I always loved the Challenger but was always concerned about reliability. I love my Accord 2.0T and was super excited to have a manual transmission seeing that Honda has discontinued it in the Accord (shame). I will never buy an automatic and need 3 seats in the rear. Before the Accord I had 2017 Civic Si but it was too small and not enough power. I plan on keeping the Accord for at least 2 more years so I'm not pulling the trigger any time soon. Just wondering if anyone here has had experiences with the Challenger or is a big Honda fan like me tempted by the fruit of another.
Heyy there, I'm a HUGE Honda FanBoy as well! I've got my 2018 Sort 2.0T nicknamed Sporty! I've owned 2 Si's in the past, and I also LOVE the Type R! It comes down to your own personal preference... If you like American Muscle, then pull the trigger and go for it. That's the bottom line. See, for me, I've ever been a fan of American muscle at all. I've always been an import guy whether it's from Asia or Europe of course! The Dodge Charger has way different driving dynamics and characteristics to it. It's whatever you feel more comfortable with at the end of the day. Again, it all comes down to your own personal preference. There's no harsh feelings here, or right or wrong answers honestly. For me, I do love front wheel drive because it's more predicable and i know when it's going to skid out vs fish tailing and having to worry about counter-steering and drifting your car. lol. :):cool: I hope this helps you out a little bit!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My story is the opposite. I grew up loving American Muscle. Mostly the Mustang. My wife has been a huge Honda fan all of her life and has owned nothing but Honda’s or Acura’s. She gave me the Honda bug and I grew to really appreciate these great vehicles. Last month I purchased our first Accord. 2020 Accord Touring. I love it, and I’m having a great time modifying it. So I say, go for it! If you wand to experience what it’s like to have a V8 under the hood. To listen to that motor hum as you cruise down a highway. To feel that torque push you into tour seat as you tear down the road, then go for it. Life is too short. Take it from me. I’m living out what I have left in this world as I have stage 4 cancer. I bought my Accord with a wish to make it how I want it, cruise in it, take a trip with the family, and just generally enjoy the thing. It’s already brought some meaning and joy back into my life. So agin, I say... go for it!! But maybe consider a Shelby GT500 instead... lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drove a scatpack, and i have to say, ive never smiled that hard in a car before. The interior is garbage, it doesnt handle, but you wont care when you press on the gas. It makes great tire smoke and fantastic noises. There really isnt a comparison between the accord and the scatpack. The only reason I didnt buy a scat pack was because i was certain id loose my license with it because its so easy to break the tires loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.