2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any update/software to change the POOR and CHEAP performance of the HONDA ACCORD 2019 LX text messages?
I had a CIVIC LX 2013 and it read the text messages (voice and words). I could listen to the text messages and if in stop mode, I could read them. Why not this ore advanced model? 2019? ACCORD?
Why such a cheap and poor media equipment?

·
Registered
44 Posts
With the Touring models you can if you have an iPhone anyway, I would think Android would work the same. Hold the voice button until the voice assistant beeps and ask it to read your new messages. You can then reply via voice as well, or ask it to send a text to someone in your contacts and dictate via voice. When you are stopped if you see a message popup on the top of the screen and click it fast enough you can read it yourself or hit home on the screen and go to the message app and you can see the messages that have come in and read them from there. I don't know if any of that is available on the LX infotainment system or not.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Text Messaging is a feature that can be turned ON or OFF. Check your settings to make sure you don't have it turned OFF.

If it is OFF, then turn it ON and apologize to your car for saying it's "POOR and CHEAP".

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Attached are instructions from the owners manual on how to activate and use the text message feature...

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
Thank you so much for the info but my car is LX.
Ok, sorry. I didn't see a caveat that it was only in select models. W/the LX having the 7 inch infotainment center and the Touring having the 8 inch I guess the feature isn't available in your trim level. ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Shame on Honda for denying LX owners Text Messaging (1.5T Sport also I believe)!!! LX owners can Bluetooth phone calls, but not Text.

Not having Text Messaging on newer cars these days is like having a radio with AM, but no FM capability.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.