2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my order today for my 2.0. System came in 2 boxes, and I wanted to see what the mufflers looked like. I opened the box and man, the pieces they sent me looked rough. I held up one of the muffler in the air and noticed light was shining though the weld. There was a hole in the weld. There were left over weld residue( balls of welding, I don’t know what to call it) all over. It wasn’t cleaned or polished. The mufflers looked used or returned. They were scratched up pretty bad . In comparison to my dc exhaust, that system was sparking!
I called thermal and they told me to send it back and they will send a new system. I disnt even open up the other box, they told me don’t bother they will take care of it.
I asked how did it pass quality assurance, they said it must of fell through the cracks. I was really disappointed. Imagine I didn’t open it up and took it straight to the shop to install. What are your experiences? And btw it doesn’t come in a polished finished anymore, it comes in brushed finish.

see pics
Musical instrument Automotive exhaust Auto part Muffler Gas

Automotive tire Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Plumbing fixture Automotive tire Wind instrument Gas Automotive exhaust

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tin Bumper

Fluid Wood Brewery Gas Cylinder

Tin Automotive lighting Grille Hood Bumper

Tire Wheel Cylinder Automotive tire Wood

• Sad
Reactions: Samuelx

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
So , so on as for Weld Spatter .. could be Cleaned Off with small Fine File and Re-grained Material in same Direction to Match ..
600 Paper or 1000 Grit Polish & Drill spin it all in same Direction ..

What's More Important is the GA or Gauge of Materials being Used - like .042 or .062
Looks to be .047-.049 but hard to tell without some Reference next to Body

Tail Pipe may be Different from Muffler Body which is more Important for Sound Control . ( Does Company make Claims or Inform Buyers of such )

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
521 Posts
I just received my order today for my 2.0. System came in 2 boxes, and I wanted to see what the mufflers looked like. I opened the box and man, the pieces they sent me looked rough. I held up one of the muffler in the air and noticed light was shining though the weld. There was a hole in the weld. There were left over weld residue( balls of welding, I don’t know what to call it) all over. It wasn’t cleaned or polished. The mufflers looked used or returned. They were scratched up pretty bad . In comparison to my dc exhaust, that system was sparking!
I called thermal and they told me to send it back and they will send a new system. I disnt even open up the other box, they told me don’t bother they will take care of it.
I asked how did it pass quality assurance, they said it must of fell through the cracks. I was really disappointed. Imagine I didn’t open it up and took it straight to the shop to install. What are your experiences? And btw it doesn’t come in a polished finished anymore, it comes in brushed finish.

see pics
View attachment 8281
View attachment 8287
View attachment 8288
View attachment 8286
View attachment 8284
View attachment 8285
View attachment 8283
Thx for heads up!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man hats messed up. I was set on thermal exhaust for myself but that quality looks horrible. Thier website pic of the system shows a different story of a well polished and put together system.
I may have to reconsider my options now. Maybe a Remark system. Double the price with similar sound results.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea well the finish, they are all brushed finish now, I just noticed it says that in the description as well. I will keep everyone posted about the new set. And if it looks cleaner with no holes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I agree the weld is shotty workmanship. However, with that turned down exhaust tip, this setup wasn't created to win any beauty awards. This is just a basic system. I've had 3 Thermal Exhausts, and all with either 4" or 5" tips. And they have all been polished. Actually, my first Thermal Exhaust, in 1996, was actually wrinkle black with a 5" chrome exhaust tip. It wasn't until 1997-1998 when they started polishing them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, I didn’t really care about the finish until I saw a hole in the weld, then I was like hey man, this thing looks rough. They sent out a new unit and should be here Tuesday. Will post pictures.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got my replacement and they really did a nice job with the brush finishing this time. I haven’t cracked open the other box yet but looks promising.
Product Automotive exhaust Material property Silver Auto part

Floor Laser pointer Flooring Wood Nickel

Tin Nickel Silver Gas Cylinder

Reactions: masonrockett
1 - 10 of 10 Posts