2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Wow!!!! 😱 I guess the only caveat is the fuel didn't hit anything hot and cause a fire. Hopefully it's just something simple like a fuel line (or something similar) has come loose. Let us know what they find.... good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow!!!! 😱 I guess the only caveat is the fuel didn't hit anything hot and cause a fire. Hopefully it's just something simple like a fuel line (or something similar) has come loose. Let us know what they find.... good luck.
I know right! One spark and boom! Yea let’s see, I’ll post in detail when I hear back.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
I just spoke to the dealer, they said the fuel line blew a hole in it. They replaced the fuel line. It’s hard to feel trustworthy something like this wouldn’t occur again. Even though it’s the first occurrence I’ve seen.
I wouldn't sweat it... yours is the first I've heard/read about. Could have been a defect in the hose and not something likely to happen again. Now.... if it were to happen again or we hear this happening to multiple vehicles my lack of concern might change. :unsure:

Thanks for the update. (y)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yea for sure, there was no damage actually caused by me. It just burst, I actually haven’t even gone full throttle as I just hit 600 miles lol.
Not sure what these Fuel Lines Run @
I'm sure someone with Monitor type Plug in for OB- ECU will Know . . 1600 PSI I would Imagine . . at Least . . possibly more ..

Just Mentioning as I - once interviewed for Quality Inspector for a Manufacture that Part of Their Products were Lines . . of this Type ..
After taking a Tour , I decided to Not take the Position as Line Manufacturing was going to be Part of My Duties . .

Frankly this Plant had Issues with Inspection Equipment ( I Turned them Down ) BY !

Lets just say these Lines when Machines are Up & Running - are @ Full Tilt Boogey are "Faster then making Hot Dogs" . . with 5 Times Variables to Go Wrong !
Thin Spots are an Issue . . ( Generally those are Found ) but some Plants - may have a Bad Shift , New Worker , Poorly Trained Staff . . POOP Happens . .

Secondly - I be asking Honda Dealer about What Range My PSI Checked @ were all of ~ Cars Fuel Pressure Checked and have then Provide Paper work as to such . . !
DEMAND IT !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.