·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK due to several Reasons , I'll Discuss ~ Max Performance Items for the Type R - Little Trickle Down ? Approx 7-8 Products for Intake Area

Accord 1.5T - 2.0T approx 5 Items - You may have found more List them

I was able to locate several : Stage 1 Kits - some were A - OK , but each has it's - Thumb Up's & Thumb Down ~
Two Company's do Large Amount of Testing :

I've Included a few for You Viewing Pleasure & Install

One Install - which Might have a Rattling Heat Shield ?

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adding other Info and Pic's

Seems things getting pretty Hot under the Hood ~
Pulled My - Engine Bay Seal 2 months ago and I tweaked the Air Guide for the Oil Filter

~ Let more Heat Pass Out ~

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Few of Intakes Offered look to have Alu. MAF Pipe , some have Nice Velocity Stack Effect - Designed into Filter Housing - Other Don't

Larger amount of Filtering Media being Used , few Not so much , One even looks to be Set to Suck Water - Directly Into system , other have provided a Small Hole

Water to Escape or at Least Offer a Secondary Spot to Pull Air - If Water starts building up in front of Radiator Blocking Intake ie: ( Read ) Driving Through Deep Water ..

Few have do some Real Testing , Dyno's , Another has Wide Spread & Shallow Ripples in Filter Media - which mean Less Air Media ..Filtration - Contact Point and Surface Area ..

Only Two - really look Deeply into Fuel Trims . .

Also I have seen a few Little Test - which were Not very Scientific ( 0-60 Mph ) for 1 is NOT going to show Anything , it's Possible a Back to Back 0-100 Mph Actual World Show True effectiveness . .

Better would be Flat Throttle Plant - Say @ 40 Mph Coasting to FULL On to 100 Mph of Top 3 system ..( Just to more Fair in Testing )

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m new to the Honda world, but I’ve had almost exclusively 2.0t cars since 2004. My last was a 2015 VW GTi. Similar to this car the intake did very little, except for the APR intake. I had FBO, tune, clutch....114mph trap speed in quarter mile.

Thing is, you’re running through the traps at about 110 mph with just a tune and weather on the cool side.

Definitely diminishing returns once the tune is done. Sounds like the same here...Look at a tuned GTi dyno and the Honda overlapped. Only real difference is that the Accord holds power to redline, whereas shifting the GTi at 5800-6k in the early gears netted the best times.

A lousy intake will make you lose low-end tq. but will probably sound great because it’s an open design.

The two interesting and possibly effective intake designs appear to be the Takeda Momentum and Mishimoto that are really a cone in a box.

Check out the design of the APR intake for the GTi. Very similar to those two, just different due to exact placement. The stock GTi intake was very effective and is just like the Honda’s. There are differences but overall very similar.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The stock intake can’t be too bad. I have the 2.0t 10A and I’m able to get 40-44.7 mpg on country roads. That’s insane for a car rated so much higher.

I was able to eek 41 mpg out of my cat less, tuned FBO GTi on the same roads. I wasn’t able to get 40+ mpg out of the GTI stock. Also, the GTI was a 6mt and it was damn quick. 163 mph and it had more. 80-120mph in that car was sick. Still stuck to your seat back at 120. It pulled well up until about 140mph.

That’s only when I can really tell the Modded GTi had more TQ/HP....70+ mph. Otherwise more power is kinda useless with FWD. In a race the Accord would definitely have it til about 50-60mph before the modded GTI would reel in the Accord and walk it. I do love that the Accord holds power til redline while the GTi ran outta steam shortly before redline. Definitely a discernible difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts