2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.0 Touring with the stock 19x8.5 wheels and 235/40/19 tires. Drove for 600 miles this weekend to Death Valley and there were some spots where I had to drive on some gravel. It handled ok but I was worried the whole time that the thin sidewalls would puncture.

I was thinking of 18x8.5 and 235/45/18 Michelin Pilot Sports in the near future, but am wondering now that I'll be doing more road trips, the 17" wheel/tire size is the better option.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a 2.0 Touring with the stock 19x8.5 wheels and 235/40/19 tires. Drove for 600 miles this weekend to Death Valley and there were some spots where I had to drive on some gravel. It handled ok but I was worried the whole time that the thin sidewalls would puncture.

I was thinking of 18x8.5 and 235/45/18 Michelin Pilot Sports in the near future, but am wondering now that I'll be doing more road trips, the 17" wheel/tire size is the better option.
Do some reading on the Tire Rack web site. Tons of info on alternative wheels and tires for your Accord that maintain the original correct OD for final drive gearing and speedometer purposes. Whether you buy or not...their prices are competitive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I too was considering 17" wheels and tires for a better (softer) ride and to protect the wheels better but doing some research it doesn't appear that they make much difference in the ride. Besides I do like the look of the 19" wheels over the 17's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.