2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Chance to really Drive the Accord to some Higher Limits XXX

Anyone Try the Curves - Yet - still braking in so haven't been over 65 Mph Yet , tomorrow I'll try some small slower Curves see How this Thing Handles . .

Looking at the Wheel Track - Spacing looks like Front Hub Spacers - will be Necessary Thinking 4-5mm each side in Front .

But Not able to Test Yet ..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes I have. But will not state the speed over xxx. As a former drag racer, I am aware of the danger associated with high speed driving. What I will say is the car handled flawlessly.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Anyone Try the Curves - Yet - still braking in so haven't been over 65 Mph Yet , tomorrow I'll try some small slower Curves see How this Thing Handles . .

Looking at the Wheel Track - Spacing looks like Front Hub Spacers - will be Necessary Thinking 4-5mm each side in Front .

You need to test drive the 2.0T. I actually prefer the 10speed automatic...faster and better gas mileage. Be certain to try the Sport driving mode. Increases the shock dampening, throttle response and auto shift points/gear holding. If you buy consider different tires and lighter wheels. Not sure why you would want to increase the front track. The spacers have the effect of softening the spring rate.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah I Hear Ya .. I Own : EX-L just posted Pic's today ..
Yeah , HaHa Test Ride - I Bought the One I Drove , so I was taking it easy even thou - We did come up on Bridge at 90Mph - State Police were just setting up - Beaded In the Brakes . . 1 Time . .
He gave Us the Evil Eye .. I'm Yelling at the Sales Guy where are the Plates .. He's Like on the Floor , Oh Good _ If He comes after us this is Your Ticket !
: read ( Speeding New Car with No Plates ) LOL . .

Most Likely Front Bar Bushings with Syn Grease and same in Rear , something seems Slow to Respond - took 1 corner today 45-50 Corner around 65Mph and it Got Scary - I mean to say I was On It
: read ( Steering Wheel ) and Yet ended up on the Yellow Divider Line - Truck coming other way .. had 100 ft. still but , Man what If I had tried it @ 72Mph . .
Here's a Link to a Bar : Instructions . Trying to see the Stock Bar & Bushing arrangement and How it is Set Up - PDF. File Good to Enlarge .

https://eibach.com/us/pdf/10863

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Breaking it Down : I'd most likely use Rims to gain 10mm Off set ans go with 17 x 8 inch , 18's are nice If those are Light .
Tires start to get Crazy Cost also as inches go up .
Yes, The Offset may act like the Springs are softer , but the Sway Bars will respond Faster and Accord will be Lean more Towards Neutral
On Dragon I found the Front to Give Out First - which is Safe , OK but I can Handle More Neutral Car - so I hear all 4 Corners all 4 Tires Complaining . :smile:

I Have NOT done Rain Testing Yet , so Hang on !

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

Well I'm glad you asked, because I recently taken the accord sport 2.0 to the snake. If you aren't familiar with the snake, look it up on google. (Search "The Snake" Mullholland Highway) I am actually very impressed with the car. I come from older RWD cars (Mercedes & BMW) which handle superior in situations like this, and also a Maxima which is a FWD mid size sedan very similar in power and torque. The Maxima would feel quicker in situations like the snake, but not because it was quicker, but because there was so many situations where you'd have torque/under steer that you'd have to let off feeling like you were going to fast. With the accord, a lot of corners I went flat out with minimal problems. Now where I do see the need for work in the accord is the tires. I cannot stress this enough, if you will be doing this often in you accord, get new tires. There were times where I was in the other lane due the tires not holding. If I had a better set of tires on, I would have been golden. And don't get me wrong, the tires so pretty good at lower speeds, but when you are doing 80+ mph then heavy brakes into a sharp left, tires are crucial to whether you'll make it out of that turn or not. The tires never really "scared me" but it was just enough to see a need. Also the brakes seem heat up quickly, but I will not blame the car on this one, the snake is an intense 2 1/2 mile stretch with constant turns and elevation changes

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool Beans , Did You get any Lap Times - would be Excellent to have those , and then Run some Light Rims & Better Tires . . for Comparison . .

I'm Not thinking Cup 2 Tires , Certainly from the Test Results Posted at Tire Rack the Factory Tires are down a few Notches ..

I got over to Older Air Port - X- USAF Base .. and seems 7th Gear is It at Least as Far as Stock Tune Goes .. even that is a Long Pull ..
3.84 Gearing from the Sport - sure would have made 7th Real Snappy and 8th as High Speed Track Gear - so using 8 Gears instead of just 7 . .
Stock 7th is High Speed Track Gear , and really only have 6 Gears and First generally Only If You have a Special Sticky Tire set up .. . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts