2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an option for Accord Touring owners to lower the car and still keep the Active suspension?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone tried it? any issues with it being more susceptible to blowing out the damper? for example when driving over pot holes or speed bumps

·
Registered
169 Posts
Has anyone tried it? any issues with it being more susceptible to blowing out the damper? for example when driving over pot holes or speed bumps
There’s always that possibility that lowering the car will reduce the long term reliability of your shocks and struts. My ATS-V has a high end magnetic ride control and I will not lower the vehicle because of that. Many ATS-V owners do, but replacing one of those shocks is thousands of dollars.

I chose the Sport Accord because it has the static non-adjustable suspension. I’ll be installing the H&R springs within the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bump. I also am looking for anyone who has actually applied a spring kit to a 10th gen Touring model. I was set on purchasing a Touring model, then found some posting similar questions. If you have applied a spring kit to a 10th gen Touring model...

1. Does the active dampening continue to function?
2. Do you still feel a difference between normal and sport modes?
3. Do you ever get a warning on the dash regarding the suspension not functioning etc?

Thanks a ton in advance!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you aren’t changing out the strut assemblies you won’t have any warning lights. Installing springs on the touring will lower vehicle ride height and change the ride quality. Anytime you just lower cars with springs on stock struts you will prematurely wear out the strut. Now if you were to install aftermarket struts and springs. Let’s say coil overs or bags, you will need the modules to keep the light from coming on. I know someone who just installed lowering springs on a touring and said the ride quality was harsher in normal that it used to be in sport and can’t really tell a difference in modes now that it’s lowered. He’s planning on going bags now. Hope that helps out some.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 2018 Touring is lowered on the most aggressive Eibachs and you can tell a difference in ride quality. That being said, I could never tell if the adapative suspension was working on or not. Personally the car isn't low enough for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 Touring is lowered on the most aggressive Eibachs and you can tell a difference in ride quality. That being said, I could never tell if the adapative suspension was working on or not. Personally the car isn't low enough for me.
How many miles have you driven since installation?

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 2019 Touring 2.0T with Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs (0.8"), rear sway bar, and rear camber arm adjustment kit. I have around 20,000 miles on this setup and the dampers seem to be working fine. They still adjust to the firmer setting in sport mode, which I rarely use - mostly on fun twisty roads. I also have a modified Borla exhaust setup and run the Hondata CARB stage 2 tune. It handles and drives great! I'm also getting incredible highway mpg on longer trips.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 2019 Touring 2.0T with Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs (0.8"), rear sway bar, and rear camber arm adjustment kit. I have around 20,000 miles on this setup and the dampers seem to be working fine. They still adjust to the firmer setting in sport mode, which I rarely use - mostly on fun twisty roads. I also have a modified Borla exhaust setup and run the Hondata CARB stage 2 tune. It handles and drives great! I'm also getting incredible highway mpg on longer trips.
I love the wheels in your profile pic. Do you have them and if so what size, specs etc, and do you have pics? I'm thinking my rebate check will end up in a set of these.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thought I’d share mine in case others are researching drops/rims/tires etc....
2019 Touring 2.0
D2 Pro 2” drop lowering springs
CONCEPT ONE - RS-55 (20" x 8.5" +35)
235/35R20 Tires
There is a bit of a gap in the back. Going to try 3/4” spacers. However, I want to add a rear camber kit before I do that.

I would have loved to do coil overs, but with the touring Adaptive Suspension, not much of an option unless you don’t mind staring at a suspension warning light on your dash for the rest of the time you own it. The ride has a small amount of bounciness. If I put it in sport mode it kills a bit of the bounciness.

IMG_1915.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes as great as that looks and it does, I would never be able to get in and out of my driveway at that height. Heck I scrape now and I never use the Sport version on my Touring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts