2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do the TPMS sensors work on the 10th gen accords? Is there a physical tpms? I have a 19' Sport 1.5 and about to purchase aftermarket wheels. Ive heard multiple things please help lol. Thanx in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
See this post for an explanation of how the TPMS works. Another post of what should be done if you change tires/wheels here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i been reading maybe i missed it sooooo i dont need to buy new TPMS sensors? just recalibrate like it says?

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
so i been reading maybe i missed it sooooo i dont need to buy new TPMS sensors? just recalibrate like it says?
I've never purchased after market wheels so I can't verify, however from reading in the manual they would not be needed as our cars don't actually use them to monitor tire pressure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes you are correct. its an ABS thing. checked with another guy whos been through multiple wheels. I think im pullin the trigger on my purchase this week ill post pics asap! Thanx for all yur help yur a badass!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a 2018 EX-L 2.0T with 17" 225/50-17. I want to put Acura TLX 18" wheels on it but I'm worried I can't recalibrate the TPMS and the speedometer will be off.... How does this work? I imagine people upgrade 17" factory wheels with 19" sport wheels for "Honda Accessories"... Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
I just bought a 2018 EX-L 2.0T with 17" 225/50-17. I want to put Acura TLX 18" wheels on it but I'm worried I can't recalibrate the TPMS and the speedometer will be off.... How does this work? I imagine people upgrade 17" factory wheels with 19" sport wheels for "Honda Accessories"... Thank you.
Reply #2....
See this post for an explanation of how the TPMS works. Another post of what should be done if you change tires/wheels here.

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
35 Posts
Canadian models have passive tire pressure monitoring without sensors.

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
35 Posts
Interesting. For some reason, I thought the US models used TPMS sensors.

I now wonder if my tire shop did the recalibration when it put on my winter tires last week. I should really check. (No warnings, though.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts