2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a curiosity, has anyone else here had an issue with her TPMS system and accurately giving you low tire pressure warning? I have a 2018 sport 2.0 t. This morning, my TPMS system warned me that I had low tire pressure in one of my tires. I went to quick check, all my tires were correct. I know that the manufacturer recommended PSI is 33. I put mine up to 38 for better handling. All my tires were fine. any help is appreciated. I just find that a little frustrating that's all.

·
Administrator
2,844 Posts
You may want to take a look at this thread - tpms it has info on how this system works and how to calibrate it if/when needed. Unlike other TPMS in the Accord it doesn't actually monitor the air pressure in the tire(s).

·
Registered
119 Posts
the tpms system is a indirect system that uses when speed to determine tire pressures. I also have a 2018 accord 2.0 sport and for some reason when I drive on a specific stretch of road ( single lane highway with lots of curves) either going or coming back my light will come on. I mean every single time I drive that road. I’ve spoken to tech line about it and they couldn’t come up with a reason other than the car sensing one of the tires is rotating slower than the rest. I’m gonna check to see which tire it is telling me is low the next few times to see if it’s the same tire. There have been instances where we replaced a tire and it had a different country of origin and it constantly set the light for that tire. If I come across any new info regarding the tpms I’ll be sure to let ya know

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I honestly didn't even realize that! Thanks for sharing that article! Monitors a rotating mass of the wheels. Interesting. Well I just reset my TPMS system again. when my car goes in for an oil change soon, it's getting a tire rotation as well as it always does.

·
Administrator
2,844 Posts
I honestly didn't even realize that! Thanks for sharing that article! Monitors a rotating mass of the wheels. Interesting. Well I just reset my TPMS system again. when my car goes in for an oil change soon, it's getting a tire rotation as well as it always does.
Until I read the manual I wouldn't have known that info either... you're welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.