2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 2.0 with the ten speed auto. Today I noticed that the front tires looked low. Checked the pressure and it was 26 psi. My TPMS light never indicated a problem.
I am wondering if I have a problem with TPMS not detecting low pressure or must the pressure be lower than 26psi to indicate a problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 2.0 with the ten speed auto. Today I noticed that the front tires looked low. Checked the pressure and it was 26 psi. My TPMS light never indicated a problem.
I am wondering if I have a problem with TPMS not detecting low pressure or must the pressure be lower than 26psi to indicate a problem?
Did you rest your tpms after you filled up tire? Then check the rest of the tires?

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
The TPMS on our cars doesn't monitor tire pressure (from manual)...

"Instead of directly measuring the pressure in each tire, the TPMS on this vehicle monitors and compares the rolling radius and rotational characteristics of each wheel and tire while you are driving to determine if one or more tires are significantly under-inflated."

As @Boosted 19 mentioned in his post reset your TPMS... for some reason they/it may not be calibrated. Attached is the information from the manual regarding the TPMS and how to calibrate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I initially thought that the tpms acually monitored individual tire pressure. Now I see that is not the case. Since all of the tires were at close to 26 psi nothing triggered the light. It's good to know how this works and that you need to actually check the pressure and not rely on the light. I inflated all the tires to spec and calibrated the tpms. All good now. Thank you both for the info!

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
I initially thought that the tpms acually monitored individual tire pressure. Now I see that is not the case. Since all of the tires were at close to 26 psi nothing triggered the light. It's good to know how this works and that you need to actually check the pressure and not rely on the light. I inflated all the tires to spec and calibrated the tpms. All good now. Thank you both for the info!
You're welcome... glad you got it all sorted. When I originally purchased my car and read the manual (yea, I'm that guy that reads the entire manual... cover to cover ?) and found this to be the case w/the TPMS I check my tire pressure monthly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm considering
You're welcome... glad you got it all sorted. When I originally purchased my car and read the manual (yea, I'm that guy that reads the entire manual... cover to cover ?) and found this to be the case w/the TPMS I check my tire pressure monthly.
I was disappointed when I found it doesn't tell me the tire pressure, especially considering my wife's Pilot does from the year before. And it has tire fill assist, love that feature. I'm considering trying this product: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNPQ4X...olid=15XOVG1EJK7AP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it The temps here fluctuate so much that tire pressure could be affected considerably on a 20 degree swing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm considering

I was disappointed when I found it doesn't tell me the tire pressure, especially considering my wife's Pilot does from the year before. And it has tire fill assist, love that feature. I'm considering trying this product: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNPQ4X...olid=15XOVG1EJK7AP&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it The temps here fluctuate so much that tire pressure could be affected considerably on a 20 degree swing.
That looks like a nice setup. I might consider because I also experience wild temp swings. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
906 Posts
It Good Warming for 1 Tire Going Down - which is a Dangerous Condition , especially when Corning or Hard Braking ~ Could Spin Out ~
I just had to Re_Set My Tire Monitor system , but after a extra Long Haul 1 tire was 1lb lower then rest 33 front , 32 rears , 1 @ 31lbs
Reset Air to 33 Psi on all 4 and all Good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts