2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my hybrid today for a 2019 Hyundai Sonata. The main factor is the Blue Link that will allow me to start the car and set the climate control from anywhere with a phone signal.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was not aware of the app. There are other things I like better as well. The seat is more comfortable and the leg room is better among them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With the HondaLink App you can start the car remotely (with the right trim model and yearly subscription) via the Honda Link app however the climate control will come on in the last state and is not configurable. With the right trim and subscriptions you can also lock/unlock the doors, push a destination to the Nav unit remotely, update the geofence notification info, get info from the concierge (never tried that) and receive notification if the car alarm is tripped. The oil % and mileage info is updated while in the vehicle by Bluetooth rather than remote.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you have to have a higher trim level than I had to do any of those things at all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hmmm. I would never attempt to link my car's functionality to my phone. For one thing I don't trust my phone to be reliable enough.

For another thing it adds a layer of complexity the two systems joined are likely less reliable than either by themselves. The phone should be a phone, the car should be a car.

And lastly I am very paranoid. I try to keep things separate. I never do banking or financial transactions of any kind on my phone. If I want to buy something from Amazon I wait till I'm at home on the desk top.

Greg N

Reactions: Frank of Eden

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well to conclude good luck with the Sonata. My in-laws have been driving Hyundai cars of one type or another for about fifteen years. I haven't kept abreast of their reliability (or lack of same). Greg N

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a Touring edition but I know of a couple other folks who have EX models (EX and EX-L) and they were able to get all the functions in the HondaLink app to work without any issues. I don't know about the hybrid model but a buddy of mine played around with his 6-spd Sport and somehow got HondaLink to work. I have no idea how the remote start works when you have to have the clutch pressed down to start so not sure how honest he's been about his functionality... anyway, point is for other readers, there are tweaks a good Honda tech can do to make HondaLink work with most trims; just have to find "that guy." Good luck and safe travels everyone!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, it's not a hybrid. It's the SEL. At about 550 miles a month I'm not the best hybrid candidate and likely never would recoup the extra cost.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is there a fee for the Blue Link system? My Chevrolet MyLink system still lets me push Nav directions after 2 1/2 years without paying any fees. One other nice thing about the MyLink Nav system is if you have addresses in your contact info in your phone you can just go to the contact on the MyLink system and and use the touch screen to tap the address and it displays the directions on the NAV. Really like that. HondaLink does not display contact addresses.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blue Link is free for 3 years. Then there's an annual fee, similar to what OnStar does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts