2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if you did this yet or if it even bothers you, but I just installed a trunk grab handle. I ordered from College Hills Honda $10.65 soooo much nicer to have a handle. Don't understand why they never installed one since the mounting location is in the same location since 2014.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Couple (duplicate) threads already about this mod - Important & Cheap must have and Important & Cheap must have.

May be due to my height (6'3") but I don't have a problem closing my trunk.... I just reach up and place my hand on the license plate and close it.

Those that are wanting/installing this having problems closing their trunk?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Couple (duplicate) threads already about this mod - Important & Cheap must have and Important & Cheap must have.

Maybe due to my height (6'3") but I don't have a problem closing my trunk... I just reach up and place my hand on the license plate and close it.

I thought this was going to be a thread about truck C.B. handles. :grin::devil:

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

May be due to my height (6'3") but I don't have a problem closing my trunk.... I just reach up and place my hand on the license plate and close it.

I'm 6'5 myself and didn't have a problem shutting my trunk but I can't stand having finger prints on my car especially after just cleaning it. The handle is more convenient.

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I'm 6'5 myself and didn't have a problem shutting my trunk but I can't stand having finger prints on my car especially after just cleaning it. The handle is more convenient.
Understand, and that's why I grasp/use the license plate... no fingerprints on it that can be noticed/seen that's why I don't understand/see the need for the handle.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I thought this was going to be a thread about truck C.B. handles. :grin::devil:
I was confused too! I was saying to myself ... "Why would anyone want a truck handle on their Accord?" And ... "What does a truck handle look like?"

BTW, like others, I just reach for the license plate to close the trunk ... (or should I say truck??)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Understand, and that's why I grasp/use the license plate... no fingerprints on it that can be noticed/seen that's why I don't understand/see the need for the handle.
I just touch the tail light to close.

I was confused too! I was saying to myself ... "Why would anyone want a truck handle on their Accord?" And ... "What does a truck handle look like?"

BTW, like others, I just reach for the license plate to close the trunk ... (or should I say truck??)
Here is your truck handle. :devil:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
I just touch the tail light to close.

Here is your truck handle. :devil:
That'll work too... I'm to anal to use the tail light as I would see/notice my finger print then want/need to wipe it off. :grin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I cut my trunk handle in so that it is hidden by the liner. I thought it looked better than seeing the front of that plastic handle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts