2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the classic 50-52 mph booming/roaring/whatever noise. purchased mine in Nov 2019, had noise for about a year, went away for a while, then came back.

i saw the TSB fix posted a few months back. walked into dealer with TSb printed out... they did the work.. noise, knock on wood, is gone....

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
What is the noise and what does the TSB to fix it say to do to fix it? I knocks on wood also haven't had any weird noises from either of my 10th gen accords or my 10th gen civic. Despite the fact that a bunch of people apparently get all kinds of rattles and stuff...

·
Registered
52 Posts
What is the noise and what does the TSB to fix it say to do to fix it? I knocks on wood also haven't had any weird noises from either of my 10th gen accords or my 10th gen civic. Despite the fact that a bunch of people apparently get all kinds of rattles and stuff...
The active noise cancellation (ANC) in the 10th gen Accord Hybrid would, apparently, react to some vibration when the hybrid's clutch was engaged in the 50-55 mph range. It would send out a noise that was trying negate a sound that wasn't there, creating a droning sound that was there.

It can't affect any other car, and the fix was a new ANC unit.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
The active noise cancellation (ANC) in the 10th gen Accord Hybrid would, apparently, react to some vibration when the hybrid's clutch was engaged in the 50-55 mph range. It would send out a noise that was trying negate a sound that wasn't there, creating a droning sound that was there.

It can't affect any other car, and the fix was a new ANC unit.
Ahh makes sense! I was just curious as weird noises seem to be commonplace across the 10th gen accords and civics. definitely a hybrid only issue on this one. Hopefully OP has is problem permanently solved now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.