2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the Accord - Turbo's Exit Pipe - I have to say what the H - it's so Close to the Heat Shield - it looks as If
Honda Trying on Purpose to Heat the Exit Air Stream . . :confused:

Here's a Pipe I did awhile ago : SS - .060 - .061 varies due to Suppliers & Bends ..304 Million Mile Stuff ..

Attachments

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I Wish - Expensive !

Go Titanium!!!!!! ;)
Here are some Examples from Vendor - Names - I won't mention that did do FWD Version & Tried 1.6 Yrs on AWD Version - still hasn't got that Done ..

First Pic - Two Pipes 1 Alu. on Left Theirs - Stock Unit on Right plain cold rolled steel which is Old ( Tractor Tech. ) LOL
OK it's Larger , but If You really look Closely - one of the Most Important Items in Hard Pipe Off the Turbo - is Getting the Hot Gas to Flow Faster and Easier ..
What do You see ?
Just Going to Larger Pipe , but Keeping same Bends really isn't as Good as Taking some Out of Removing all Together .. . .
Then there is Volume - Not Large Enough and Heat from Friction is Not over Come - To Large Volume - Air Speed Stalls and so does _ Spool Up . .
Third Life of the Product . How will it Survive While in Service ?

Take a Look at the Bracket . Now back up to My Design and Take a Longer Look . . I did an Extra 4 inches almost straight to Add Speed & Mass .
Note the Blue Hose it's a Perfect Fit with Taper and Right into the Inter_Cooler - Not Slamming 2.5" Pipe Down into 2.2 ID into Cooler Opening
@ 90 Degree .
Taper Hose Sends It Dead Smooth into Mating Cooler to Ride Out side Radii of Inter_Cooler - Entrance .
( This Maintains Air Flow Speed _ While Reducing Work Load ) on Turbo ..

I spent 1 week going over all the Calculations & Finding Just the Proper Hoses . . Nice Hose Clamps to Boot !

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's an odd placement for the turbo exit pipe for sure. Is there going to be anyway for you to measure the difference in the temperature with the new configuration?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If Your referring to the Volvo 5 Cly. Nice Tuners motor .. Very Stout ..
It certainly is in a Harder Place then the Honda's , and AWD makes it's extra Tricky .., but It also allowed for some Splash Shield Cooling
As it's down in that Area .. If You take a Look at the Bracket Location on Black Pipe Picture , Look Directly left and Up You'll See
What Looks like an Old Set of - ( Aluminum Binocular's ) Use Your Imagination - I Mounted Through Both Those Holes the Long - Bolt
Hanging way Out with a Spacer on Black H Pipe - Begging to be Broken Off ! Ounce !

The Honda's Hard Pipe is Receiving Full Radiator Flow - which is great for Winter , more Eff% in Cold ..
Honda's is Certainly Picking up Lot of Heat from those Tight Spaces next to Heat Shields . .
Honda Accord also has Mile of Pipe & Hoses on Outlet .. of IC

I'm looking at a few - One Off's - No Mass Production - I have few Idea's to : Tame the Temp .
Pho-type Design for XYZ . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts