2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the Accord - Turbo's Exit Pipe - I have to say what the H - it's so Close to the Heat Shield - it looks as If
Honda Trying on Purpose to Heat the Exit Air Stream . . :confused:

Here's a Pipe I did awhile ago : SS - .060 - .061 varies due to Suppliers & Bends ..304 Million Mile Stuff ..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I Wish - Expensive !

Go Titanium!!!!!! ;)
Here are some Examples from Vendor - Names - I won't mention that did do FWD Version & Tried 1.6 Yrs on AWD Version - still hasn't got that Done ..

First Pic - Two Pipes 1 Alu. on Left Theirs - Stock Unit on Right plain cold rolled steel which is Old ( Tractor Tech. ) LOL
OK it's Larger , but If You really look Closely - one of the Most Important Items in Hard Pipe Off the Turbo - is Getting the Hot Gas to Flow Faster and Easier ..
What do You see ?
Just Going to Larger Pipe , but Keeping same Bends really isn't as Good as Taking some Out of Removing all Together .. . .
Then there is Volume - Not Large Enough and Heat from Friction is Not over Come - To Large Volume - Air Speed Stalls and so does _ Spool Up . .
Third Life of the Product . How will it Survive While in Service ?

Take a Look at the Bracket . Now back up to My Design and Take a Longer Look . . I did an Extra 4 inches almost straight to Add Speed & Mass .
Note the Blue Hose it's a Perfect Fit with Taper and Right into the Inter_Cooler - Not Slamming 2.5" Pipe Down into 2.2 ID into Cooler Opening
@ 90 Degree .
Taper Hose Sends It Dead Smooth into Mating Cooler to Ride Out side Radii of Inter_Cooler - Entrance .
( This Maintains Air Flow Speed _ While Reducing Work Load ) on Turbo ..

I spent 1 week going over all the Calculations & Finding Just the Proper Hoses . . Nice Hose Clamps to Boot !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If Your referring to the Volvo 5 Cly. Nice Tuners motor .. Very Stout ..
It certainly is in a Harder Place then the Honda's , and AWD makes it's extra Tricky .., but It also allowed for some Splash Shield Cooling
As it's down in that Area .. If You take a Look at the Bracket Location on Black Pipe Picture , Look Directly left and Up You'll See
What Looks like an Old Set of - ( Aluminum Binocular's ) Use Your Imagination - I Mounted Through Both Those Holes the Long - Bolt
Hanging way Out with a Spacer on Black H Pipe - Begging to be Broken Off ! Ounce !

The Honda's Hard Pipe is Receiving Full Radiator Flow - which is great for Winter , more Eff% in Cold ..
Honda's is Certainly Picking up Lot of Heat from those Tight Spaces next to Heat Shields . .
Honda Accord also has Mile of Pipe & Hoses on Outlet .. of IC

I'm looking at a few - One Off's - No Mass Production - I have few Idea's to : Tame the Temp .
Pho-type Design for XYZ . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.