2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my 2018 2.0 sport accord for about a month now..

I been noticing really bad turbo lag, my foot would be on the pedal hard and the turbo kicks in about 2 -3 seconds after. It is very annoying, It was not like this when I first got it.. What could be the problem?

Also I noticed the first 2 or 3 gears are very jerky, especially when you're decelerating, it is so noticeable that it jerks my car from and back so much.. It's really a shame..

When I switch the from parking to reverse as well, it takes a good 2-3 seconds to engage to reverse so I can actually reverse.. It is so laggy .. Please tell me I am not going crazy and these are problems I am going through just by myself..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same horribly rough shifting during deceleration around 3rd gear. It's horrible and dealership says it's fine. Can't wait to get rid of this crappy car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
After I put about 120 miles on my '19 Sport 2.0 (have 230 now) it started jerking when it downshifts to 3rd gear. It did not do this until like the 3rd day. It does stink, and they better address it. All other gears are still smooth, and there is no jerking when accelerating. That is when the car is warm. I can feel the gears more when the car is cold or when I did not warm it up enough in the driveway. Maybe I should have gotten the TLX SH-AWD A-spec. Would have had AWD too which I really wanted, but my choices were not many (WRX is too ugly and had tons of turbo lag, Stinger GT had rattles, plus it was like in a wind tunnel inside the car at hwy speeds, etc.). It really sucks they can't make the cars like they used to. They are all built like tin cans with a ton of issues off the lot :(

The Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport was probably the best car I drove as far as refinement, but it was a bit slow and the $53K sticker was not attractive either. It's like you can't get a decent car that's quite and feels stable and well built, and shifts smoothly unless you spend at least $50K, and even then BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc. are plagued with problems and have below-average reliability, not to mentioned the worst resale value. I think Lexus might be my only choice and spend more $ than I really want to. It's extremely hard to find a used IS350 which tells me the owners hold on to these cars for a very long time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all,

I've had my 2018 2.0 sport accord for about a month now..

I been noticing really bad turbo lag, my foot would be on the pedal hard and the turbo kicks in about 2 -3 seconds after. It is very annoying, It was not like this when I first got it.. What could be the problem?

Also I noticed the first 2 or 3 gears are very jerky, especially when you're decelerating, it is so noticeable that it jerks my car from and back so much.. It's really a shame..

When I switch the from parking to reverse as well, it takes a good 2-3 seconds to engage to reverse so I can actually reverse.. It is so laggy .. Please tell me I am not going crazy and these are problems I am going through just by myself..
Have you tried going to another Dealer? I intend to go to all 3 Honda dealers within 25 miles until they address the 3rd gear downshift problem jerking the car back & forth, and I also the dealer I bought the car from 45 mi. out.

My '19 Sport 2.0 has the Reverse delay too. It's easily 2-3 seconds after I push the button before the car can move, but I am not sure it was any different when I bought the car 1 week ago. Until others can chime in I would says it was always like this with my car and could be normal.

Harry

·
Registered
880 Posts
New Car Adjustment Period ?

on Most New Cars & Vehicles there is Customer Adjustment Period - where If anything is out of Sorts it's : Done & Now as in Taken Care of I use to always get the Brake

Lines Flushed do to Dirt in the Machining of Brake Calipers . . Not Once would nay Dealer even Bink , just Noted trying to Head Off any Warping Issues . . Bam Done !

I'd be asking to have the - Trans Filter Removed , Replaced so Trans Filter ~ Would be Checked for Contamination ~

Check the Contact ~ Connections on Wiring Harness that Control Hydraulic Pressures . . do it in Writing Tell them to Stick Software Up Date - First Things First
I'd say as If Honda & Transmission Factory don't have the Software Correct Yet - they should be Looking to Build Tractor Components , Haa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts