2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
Not trying to be a smart @$$... but what would be the benefit of turning it off.

·
Registered
318 Posts
So he can do sweet drifts obviously lol. I'm guessing its for better launches, as TC can limit your power off the line.

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
Drifting I can see/understand (not that I would do that or am able to do that :wink:) however the better launching is a little hard for me to understand. I would think the TC would help/prevent wheel spin on takeoff which would be better... maybe I'm over thinking it though. :nerd:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow this whole time I pressed and hold the VSA button thinking it was already off.

After pressing/holding the brake the first time and turning on the e-brake, did u release the brake pedal, push the traction control button twice, press and hold the brake, and than press it twice again?

·
Registered
56 Posts
In most driving scenarios turning those systems off wouldn't help. However in racing situations a bit of wheel spin (say at the drag strip) isn't a bad thing. I could also see if you were in some snow or mud and need the wheels to spin a bit, but I don't know that too many people will be doing that with their Accords. To each their own though, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, i'm a bit confused if pressing and holding the VSA button turns off traction and stability control? That's how I've always done it before. I've had to turn off traction control in the winter to help get out of some parking spots and the wheel spun freely using this method.

So what happens in this video vs. pushing and holding the VSA button?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts