Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case You Missed It : Car and Driver - Test Driver - States

How well can the Sport 2.0T turn 252 horsepower, a manual gearbox, all-season tires, and zero track-grade equipment into a hot lap? Better than you’d think.
The Accord barrels into Horse Shoe’s braking zone at 122.3 mph. By turn-in, the brake rotors are grumbling and the pedal has gone to putty. The brake system’s warning light is on before we make it out of NASCAR; for the rest of the lap, we’ll be braking early. The open differential makes getting back on the power a waiting game, but the Accord still shreds the Climbing Esses with a higher average speed than the Audi RS3 and exits Hog Pen faster than the Subaru BRZ tS. Each hot lap uses up almost one millimeter of front-brake-pad material, meaning a set lasts less than 10 laps. Fitted with new rubber and pads, running DOT 4 (instead of DOT 3) Brake Fluid in the interest of Safety, and with stability control fully disabled, the Accord turned an astounding 3:18.4. That’s 1.3 seconds quicker than 2017 Subaru BRZ Performance Package.

I'm saying ~ Brakes well it looks like it's Time for 2 Pc. light Rotor with Curved Vane Tech applied ! ( Brake Duck Work )

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Speaking of Brakes : Cleaned Up the Hubs getting Protection Prep Done -seeing nothing is Done Today - Their Lazy A$$'s . .

Speaking of Tuning for Curves , I was Noticing in the Details the Sport 6 Speed has a ( Narrower - Wheel Base then the 10X Accord )
WHAT's UP with that ?

Like Over 1/2 Inch Narrower . . then Throw on 56 lb Wheels ans Yeah the EX-L Auto with 10 X will Smoke the Sport on the Track in - Normal Mode !
:smile_big:

EX-L Wheels - weighted In @ 48.25 lbs with Tire & Wheel Weights .

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't Know about You Guys , but it seems - they Ate the Pads to Easy - that Sport had to be a Beater from Honda they brought down from Ohio ..
I put some Toasty Curves & Braking on Route 129 the Dragon - I mean I was Pushing Guys & Another time Sport Bike all set up with Special Tires etc. that
Bike having to really Get On It to Keep Up ..

My Brake Pads look like they have Not even bend Used - I was Checking them Out today when I did the Clean Up - Painting Calipers ..

Anyway You have to read through the Article and Click on different Links to see more data : Car and Driver Stated 10 Laps - I Believe - Brake Fluid is all - Got Hot !

Lighting Lap Times .. I still Think that sometimes they Favor certain Cars ..https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...istorical-data

·
Registered
163 Posts
Speaking of Brakes : Cleaned Up the Hubs getting Protection Prep Done -seeing nothing is Done Today - Their Lazy A$$'s . .

Speaking of Tuning for Curves , I was Noticing in the Details the Sport 6 Speed has a ( Narrower - Wheel Base then the 10X Accord )
WHAT's UP with that ?

Like Over 1/2 Inch Narrower . . then Throw on 56 lb Wheels ans Yeah the EX-L Auto with 10 X will Smoke the Sport on the Track in - Normal Mode !

Don’t you mean the tread width is narrower? The wheelbase (distance between the front and rear wheel centers) is the same for all Accords. The tread width (distance between the front wheels is less because the 17” wheels are 7.5” wide and the 19” wheels are 8.5 wide). I don’t understand your second paragraph. I thought you were only referring to the 10th generation cars. Your wheel weight difference is accurate. I replaced my Sport wheels with 8x18 Enkei wheels and saved an additional 4 lbs per wheel. The new tires (Pirelli A/S P Zero Plus) weigh about the same as the OEM Michelins.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I should have Stated Wheel Base Width . . I Hope I Clarified My Meaning .. I Feel the 6 Speed will Pull the 10X back in over 100 Mph it may take till 116 Mph
But 10X Will be Caught .. Right You Are !

Throw some Light Wheels on that 6 Speed it would be Much Closer .. - I'd like to get Even Lighter then the Current 48.25 lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts

WHAT's UP with that ?

The track width for an EX is 62.6" in front, and 63.1" in the rear. The track width for a Sport is 63.0" in the front, and 63.4" in the rear. Not sure why you are saying the Sport is narrower? The sport also has 235mm wide tires vs the 225's on the EX.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People Try and Get It - Right !

The track width for an EX is 62.6" in front, and 63.1" in the rear. The track width for a Sport is 63.0" in the front, and 63.4" in the rear. Not sure why you are saying the Sport is narrower? The sport also has 235mm wide tires vs the 225's on the EX.
I don't See Where Your Correct ? ( Kinda with Secondary Vendors ) Trying to get it Correct . . :smile_big:

What I do see is the Internet - is way Off on many Different Sites . . even states on one that certain model sits Lower . . 57.5" and other states 57.1 Inch . .

Here it says Honda or at Least a Honda News Site says Widths are the Same .. but Not on the Touring . . - That's Two Sites Off or is it just
Narrower on the 1.5T Version or CVT and all The Sites have it Wrong ?

2018 Accord Specifications & Features - Honda News

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK - If the Honda Site is Trying to Convey the Truth - there is a Correlation in the Chart - and the Charts Correlation is with the 19" Wheels !
Dtaadddaa , Ooooopps Wait a Sec. , Wait for It , Still Waiting - Yeah 3 Out of 4 Honda Accords with - 19" Wheels all show Narrower - Wheel Width . . which Equates to Handling .

Now on the Sport which is Shod with the 19" Wheels - It seems to be Completely Different , so I'll ask You - Plain Data Or Correlations Should be Pointing to _ the Truth . .

What You Say there GrandMa . .

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't See Where Your Correct ? ( Kinda with Secondary Vendors ) Trying to get it Correct . . :smile_big:

What I do see is the Internet - is way Off on many Different Sites . . even states on one that certain model sits Lower . . 57.5" and other states 57.1 Inch . .

Here it says Honda or at Least a Honda News Site says Widths are the Same .. but Not on the Touring . . - That's Two Sites Off or is it just
Narrower on the 1.5T Version or CVT and all The Sites have it Wrong ?

2018 Accord Specifications & Features - Honda News
OK - 24V everyone see's You on Line It's been 45 Min. or so Tick Tock - Tick Tock , Still don't have It ? ( The Answer Is ? )

?_?_?_?
OK - If the Honda Site is Trying to Convey the Truth - there is a Correlation in the Chart - and the Charts Correlation is with the 19" Wheels !
Dtaadddaa , Ooooopps Wait a Sec. , Wait for It , Still Waiting - Yeah 3 Out of 4 Honda Accords with - 19" Wheels all show Narrower - Wheel Width . . which Equates to Handling .

Now on the Sport which is Shod with the 19" Wheels - It seems to be Completely Different , so I'll ask You - Plain Data Or Correlations Should be Pointing to _ the Truth . .

What You Say there GrandMa . .
Wow dude, lay off the caffeine.

The actual Honda manufacturer site shows the data I posted. Not sure wtf you are babbling about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
10 Speed Automatic EX w/Leather

Track (front/rear) 62.6 in / 63.1 in
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2018/Accord-Sedan/specs#mid^CV2F5JJNW

6 Speed Manual 2.0 Sport

Track (front/rear) 63.0 in / 63.4 in
http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2018/Accord-Sedan/specs#mid^CV2E3JJW

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If You Actually took the Time to Look at the Information on all the Accords You'd see this :
Your Spewing out BS like a Kid with a 17 second - Attention Span - You'd see on the Vary Site - Your Pointing everyone to It all Has to do with the Wheels .
Again every model with the 19" Wheels is showing Narrower Stance . . If Your Model or Anyone's 2018 Accord has 19" Wheels - It has Narrower Stance ..

Just Like the Side By Side Comparison Chart above - that Shows this Same Correlation . . Honda is Soooooo Busted !

These Heavy Wheels with Offset in Worst Direction for Handling are Now - Worthless - At Best Much Less - as No One is going to want those !

ps: You Really Believe Honda Built - Special - LCA's or Axles just for the Sport ?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm Pointing this at Honda for all the Confusion ..
I also Learned something , and as well as Other's certainly have - there are No Bad Questions there are Only Truths to be Had If We All - Investigate . .
I had to look at this a Few Times , I Knew something was Off , I choose Marketing People at Honda were up to this . . Information Mishap .

It does seem the Stock wheels on all these Accords could - Sit Farther Out . .

A Few Wheel Producers - seem to Think 16mm more then Stock would be Small move .Over 1/2" .
Other Choices were 10 mm More then Stock so 6mm They called - ( Stock Fit ) .. which seemed Correct as Rim was 8" Wide . ( Approx ) 1/4 on each side ..
They aren't giving the Lip Width , or the Back Spacing . On Wheel Fitments - Make Sure You ask Plenty of Questions . . from the Wheel Customer Service Tech.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To Help Clarify - the - Offset Info . . along with Wheel Stance - as Proper Rim Fitting - certainly is Tuning the Chassis for Handling ..

At Least two Places I have seem 50mm Off Set 19" Honda Rims , using the Wheel Stance of 62.6 "
This Means 17" Rims Should have 45mm Off Set as those Honda's show Wheel Stance of 63." = 5mm+5mm = 10mm x .040 = .400 Add that to 62.6 = 63" Stance

Seeing I can't Find any Info on 17" Honda Rims - Set Back . .seems to be 45mm , anybody else _ Find Info on the 17" Rims ?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Meanwhile - Looking at Lightweight Rims for Stance , I took a Look at the Gearing - Noticed some Troubling Numbers !

First Up the 10X has to many Over Drive Rations . Example 6th Gear @ 2000 Rpm is Approx 42 Mph and @ 3000 Rpm is 63 Mph . . OK so Far , Right - Next Gear 7th
7th Gear @ 2000 Rpm around 54 Mph Actually due to Running Smaller Tires and @ 3000 Rpm 81 Mph . .

That Means :In 6th Gear @ 6400 Rpm = 134.5 Mph - Which it May do If the Turbo has Boost .. Turbo will Fall Flat around 5400 Rpm ..most Likely ..
( Anyone Tested ? ) Where the Turbo Falls Off .. ?
7th Gear @ 6000 Rpm = 162 Mph - which This Accord will Not Do - Even with Honda's Very Good Aerodynamics's . // Tuned , Mid Pipe , Lighter Wheels - It May do
5400 - 5700 Rpm 145.8 Mph . .153.7 Mph either-way that 7th Gear and all the OD Gears & Work Load on Accord -Even running 80-85 Mpg in 9th & 10th on Freeway with Cross winds , Head Winds etc.
Is Working to Hard .. ( I Just Feel 3.84 Final Ratio used in Sport ) Instead of the 3.55 Final Ratio in 10X May have been Better Over All Fit ..)) - Haven't Even Mentioned 8th , 9th , 10th .. Gears , so Really Believe - This Constant Working Or Load - ( Instead of Free Wheeling ) May Lead too Much Heat & Oil Consumption on all 10X Accords ..

Sport with It's Lightweight Single Flywheel ,Clutch setup and 3.84 Gear - Has More Free Wheeling Effect - More then the 10X Accord .. - It's 5th Gear should be Good for 150 Mph ..with
Tune & Light Wheels .
Any Testing Would Have to be Done on Track or Old Closed Airport . . .

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here's an Interesting Tire & Wheel Offset Calu. I found Today . . I started with the Sport Size and worked a bunch of different Fittings ..
It Gives the Speed-O Reading Changes and Other Info - Speed for Gear Ratio's etc.

I still Do It the Old Fashion way - Long Hand 19" X .5 = R + (( 6.283 X ( % ) of Side Wall ( 45% If it is 45 Series Tires ) + R )) = Circumstance . . in - Inches
Then You have to to Feet X 60 for the Distance / Divided by 5280ft in Mile = Mph - etc.

After You Change some Number in the Columns , Click in 1 or 2 of the Zero Area's Bottom of those Tire Size Columns - It Will Up Date ..

https://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/tire-wheel-gearing-calculator.htm

1 - 20 of 27 Posts