2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this directly through them from their eBay store. As usual shipping from Malaysia is super fast and their customer service is much better than their USA representative. I will say this bar didn't come with instructions and should have because part of the rear suspension frame is going to drop when you do this. You will need:
17mm long neck socket
13mm long neck socket
12mm wrench or socket
Jack or support for the suspension.

The bar is just behind the rear wheels and my driveway is on an incline so all I had to do is back my vehicle up to the end of my garage. Otherwise you will need to jack the rear end up a little or use a lift. Start by placing your supports/jack under the rear bolt in the center rear of the vehicle (right by where your exhaust is you can see it in my pics). The two bolts on the ends are 17mm and the ones in the middle are 12mm. Remove all six screws and the two plates that they were holding. Save the long bolts to be reused.
Next take the bar and the two 13mm bolts that came with the bar and two washers. Bolt up the two sides with the 17mm long bolts but do not completely tighten. Attach two center 13mm bolts, then tighten everything up. Remove supports. Go drive

First Impressions: there is not much wiggle in the rear anymore. It was noticable instantly after pulling out of my garage. Definitely has a tighter turning radius as the doughnut on the side street confirmed. Follows the front end much easier now. I would not be surprised to see a little oversteer, which I prefer anyways. Tired
so just went around the block with it. Update in few days of driving.
Tool Office supplies Wood Recorder Air gun

Automotive tire Tire Car Hood Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So SamuelX sent me pics from their USA website and it appears they left the stock brace there. But on their eBay page its showing them removed. It looks like this can be installed either way, but leaving the middle bolt attached on each side will make it so you don't have to keep the suspension lifted when you do this. As mentioned would have been helpful if there were instructions, especially considering how they have two diff sets of install pics, but meh. Not going to take it out and reinstall again. I doubt the stock plates are really doing anything once the UR bar is there.
Also good to know they have that piece back on the website as a couple months ago it wasn't there anymore. Just heads ups it's $32 more on their website than eBay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought this directly through them from their eBay store. As usual shipping from Malaysia is super fast and their customer service is much better than their USA representative. I will say this bar didn't come with instructions and should have because part of the rear suspension frame is going to drop when you do this. You will need:
17mm long neck socket
13mm long neck socket
12mm wrench or socket
Jack or support for the suspension.

The bar is just behind the rear wheels and my driveway is on an incline so all I had to do is back my vehicle up to the end of my garage. Otherwise you will need to jack the rear end up a little or use a lift. Start by placing your supports/jack under the rear bolt in the center rear of the vehicle (right by where your exhaust is you can see it in my pics). The two bolts on the ends are 17mm and the ones in the middle are 12mm. Remove all six screws and the two plates that they were holding. Save the long bolts to be reused.
Next take the bar and the two 13mm bolts that came with the bar and two washers. Bolt up the two sides with the 17mm long bolts but do not completely tighten. Attach two center 13mm bolts, then tighten everything up. Remove supports. Go drive

First Impressions: there is not much wiggle in the rear anymore. It was noticable instantly after pulling out of my garage. Definitely has a tighter turning radius as the doughnut on the side street confirmed. Follows the front end much easier now. I would not be surprised to see a little oversteer, which I prefer anyways. Tired
so just went around the block with it. Update in few days of driving.
View attachment 7992
View attachment 7991
View attachment 7990
Could you update us on how it feels? Been contemplating this bar and other bracing if it makes a noticeable difference. I only have a RSB as of now.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could you update us on how it feels? Been contemplating this bar and other bracing if it makes a noticeable difference. I only have a RSB as of now.
The bracing makes a big difference and doesn't change the ride quality much. I added the bar to my existing rsb and center chassis brace, and am so far very very happy with the results. My goal was to dial out some of the understeer and improve handling, which I believe was a success. I only drove it a little Tuesday and had things in the trunk for a work seminar. Yesterday drove the Lexus. I'll get a little more seat time next few days and update then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts